Leupold/Redfield Scopes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am the last person you should ask. And many more here, seriously, know the scopes. But, and I do say, by your SOCOM 16 name, what are you wanting to do with what rifle? I have three SOCOM's with different optics and use mainly for hog hunting, varmit, etc. Not being critical, just what do you plan on doing with what rifle.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you probably know (judging from your topic) Leupold bought the Redfield name and is using it to offer US made scopes at a more attractive price than their main line. Looked at a new Redfield but have not used one. It was clear and the fit/finish looked nice.....better than that last Redfields before they shut it down to my feeble recollection.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own 3 of the new Leupold/Redfields and am happy with all three. Clear glass, easy to use controls and good finish. They do not have all the bells and whistles for fine adjustments, but for the price, what would you expect. Mine are all mil dot and work very well for "ranging" targets. I have my two 3-9 scope set up to 300 yards and the one 4-12 set up to 500 yards. I have zeroed all of them onceand that zero has maintained for each one,longest about 1.5 years.

I will buy more when needed

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a Redfield 4-12x40 this week. Once I get it mounted. I will let you know. As for the fit and finish. I have no complaints. The windage/elevation adjustments can me turned by your fingers, no need for a coin/screw driver. The glass is real clear and I bought the one with accu range reticle. Just can't decide whether or not to mount on my .300 Win Mag or my .270

Latest posts

Top Bottom