Leupold/Redfield Scopes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 4.5x14 Leupold on a custom elk rifle that was in a scabbard on a mule. The mule managed to get loose and evidently whacked the rifle against a tree before I got him caught. Later in the day while over looking a box canyon at 11,400 ft I noticed the scope didn't look right. :cry11:Yep, I was not hunting anymore that day, just sight seeing since the scope tube was bent at the knobs. I sent the scope to Leupold, told them what happened and asked if they could fix it. They told me the scope was too old to fix, no parts. So they sent me a new one, FREE!!! :woohoo1:
I now own 2 pistol scopes and 3 rifle scopes, all Leupold of course!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They both have thier place. Both are good glass, but slightly different qualities.
Redfields are in a class similar to the old Weavers. Good, dependale, and affordable.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't know that Redfield was owned by Leupold and made in the USA. That will make me look at them differently. I have one Redfield 2-7 that I bought in 1975 - it has lots of miles on it and won't hold zero anymore. I don't know of anywhere that servics the old Redfield scopes now. I have one Redfield Royal 3-9 that has been on my .280 for over 30 years - stays on target and no problems, but not quite as crisp as some of the newer generation of scopes. Leupold - can't go wrong! The price is great for a lifetime of use.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom