License Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being as he is a student, I don't think it's too much of an issue. But, to make sure, call the game ranger for the County you live in and ask. All of their numbers are at the rear of the regs, or on the website, www.wildlifedepartment.com

Being a student in Oklahoma does not confer residency......as I posted earlier from the wildlife dept website:

"A person holding a valid driver license shall be deemed to be a resident of the state issuing the license or permit."

"The residency status of any person, including a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, shall terminate if the person obtains any resident hunting, fishing, trapping license or permit or valid driver license issued by another state."

If he maintains a valid driver's license from another state, he cannot legally buy a resident hunting license in Oklahoma. He may get away with it for awhile, but, he is asking for trouble.

If a ranger checks him, he will very likely be fined if not arrested......they seriously frown on non residents hunting with a resident license.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes a wardens signature to get a lifetime license but an annual license you can get. I am friends with our warden and I know that he will bust an out of state student if they try this without establishing residency. You will have to prove it if they catch you. Good luck.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it aint legal or there are legal questions about it I will go ahead and buy the nonreisident. Not trying to rip anybody off just trying to save some cash if I can.

From what I understand if I pay 256.00 I can kill one buck and one doe. Then if I am hunting on Public land I have to pay another 256.00 for one more doe and buck???? That gets a little steep!! Then the liscense only lasts til 12-31 and i have to buy another to hunt the last 15 days of the season??? You will have to admit thats kind of screwed up. If I have any of this wrong please clue me in. Thanks.

I come from a state where you pay for your license and you can kill 3 bucks a season and a unlimited amount of does per year but no more than two in a day. I aint used to all this tag stuff. LOL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it aint legal or there are legal questions about it I will go ahead and buy the nonreisident. Not trying to rip anybody off just trying to save some cash if I can.

From what I understand if I pay 256.00 I can kill one buck and one doe. Then if I am hunting on Public land I have to pay another 256.00 for one more doe and buck???? That gets a little steep!! Then the liscense only lasts til 12-31 and i have to buy another to hunt the last 15 days of the season??? You will have to admit thats kind of screwed up. If I have any of this wrong please clue me in. Thanks.

I come from a state where you pay for your license and you can kill 3 bucks a season and a unlimited amount of does per year but no more than two in a day. I aint used to all this tag stuff. LOL.

No matter what advice you have been given, call the game ranger in the county your wanting to hunt in, and he/she will give you the information required to hunt in that area. Period. Don't do anything else but call the GW. I've seen some info on this thread that will get you a ticket, and its not cheap.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter what advice you have been given, call the game ranger in the county your wanting to hunt in, and he/she will give you the information required to hunt in that area. Period. Don't do anything else but call the GW. I've seen some info on this thread that will get you a ticket, and its not cheap.

Thanks, I will do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom