Life Insurance and death requests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minority case? lol

Last time I looked around America, there was a whole helluva lotta people who had health problems (even some fairly easily-controllable ones can send any insurance premium SKYROCKETING) in this country. But, whatever...
" A whole hell of a lot"? What does that quantify? You'd argued with a ****in stump wouldn't you? Your too ****in ignert to be having a conversation with. I'm done with you.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
" A whole hell of a lot"? What does that quantify? You'd argued with a ****in stump wouldn't you? Your too ****in ignert to be having a conversation with. I'm done with you.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

A whole helluva lot? Like a massive obesity and diabetes epidemic? You're debating that constitutes a "whole helluva lot"?

Yeah... I'll grant you that if you're young and healthy with no major or even moderate health considerations, term life insurance may be relatively inexpensive... but the more you talk, the more it seems to me you don't have a clue how quickly that goes out the window.

From NIH -
2010 - 11.3% with diagnosed or undiagnosed diabetes - that's 25 million +
Prediabetes - as much as 35%

From CDC -
Hypertension prevalence adults 18 and over - 29%
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 million-plus?

From the AHA -
Among Americans age 20 and older, 154.7 million are overweight or obese (BMI of 25.0 kg/m2 and
higher):
- 79.9 million men.
- 74.8 million women.
Of these, 78.4 million are obese (BMI of 30.0kg/m2 and higher):
- 36.8 million men.
- 41.6 million women.
What is that, 40%?

I'm not all that smart, but that seems like "a whole hell of a lot" to me.

Don't you think those kinds of conditions would affect availability of life insurance? I do... maybe I'm wrong.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life insurance has one main purpose FOR ME. Too replace my income if I die so my wife can continue her standard of living until the debt is paid off - or she can just pay off the debt and be done. No way do I want to be worth more dead than alive and once our house if paid for, the insurance stops or I may choose to drop it to an amount that will cover burial cost or whatever she chooses to do. With that said, I am insured for $220k and I pay $24 a month for that. It terms out once I retire in 5 years and the house will be paid off before then.

FIFY.

I'll also say this if you're in your 20s and 30s Term is dirt cheap for a majority of cases. Smoking will typically quadruple the rate no matter the age. However, outside of that and dealing with the underwriting for several companies, I'll say that TR is spot on. Insurance companies aren't stupid and they really tend to start nitpicking you from 40+ and want to bump your rate for any little thing. Diabetes, smoking, weight issues, or any hint of heart disease and you'll be paying through the nose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom