Lion Hunt, thank God for the PH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, that is just cruel. That crossbow did not have the power for a clean kill and never should have been used. I could see the bolt dropping before it ever got to the lion.
To me, no expert at lion hunting, it looked like the bolt him him low.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, there’s a time and place for bow hunting, but dangerous game isn’t it.
I have a friend going after cape buffalo next summer and he's worried his .416 Weatherby Magnum isn't enough gun. I told him it's plenty for anything on earth. I've seen guys shoot buffalo with 10mm handguns, which I think is stupid.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it almost every hunter on TV in Africa is a fat old man that looks like he’s on his first hunt?

They had pushed that lion. You could tell he was agitated earlier in the video while hiding in the tall grass with his tail high. The PH’s decision to give a green light to shoot was a poor decision. A shot from anything probably would have provoked a charge.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it almost every hunter on TV in Africa is a fat old man that looks like he’s on his first hunt?

They had pushed that lion. You could tell he was agitated earlier in the video while hiding in the tall grass with his tail high. The PH’s decision to give a green light to shoot was a poor decision. A shot from anything probably would have provoked a charge.
Because fat old men are the only ones with the time and money to hunt over there. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom