Lion Hunt, thank God for the PH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bolt missed the lion underneath.

1687081196522.png

1687081308366.png

1687080709899.png

1687081584390.png

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems about normal for those SFI "hunters".
I once watched a man attempt to teach kids how to gut a deer. He said that it smells really bad but you have to do this. He stabbed into the deer and then proceeded to hack/cut about 3 inches deep from ribs to the pelvic bone. Then he took a bone saw and sawed ribs, hide and hair to the neck.

I showed a better method on the rest of the deer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Does that to sell videos but I guess it works. The guy up at Champlin in Enid used to work on his double rifles.
Yes JJ. At one time in the gun vault they had a 600NE, it was for sale though, the only one I've ever had my hands on. They also at one time had the HH 500/465NE that Robert Redford used in Out of Africa.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes JJ. At one time in the gun vault they had a 600NE, it was for sale though, the only one I've ever had my hands on. They also at one time had the HH 500/465NE that Robert Redford used in Out of Africa.
That place is really neat, I went a couple months ago for the first time.

Okieoutdoors

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a South Africa canned lion hunt, there are no wild lions in South Africa The lions are in cages then tossed out on a few acres just before the hunt Its been known that a PH with low standards will provoke the animal by shooting in the butt with a 22

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bolt missed the lion underneath.
IDK that it was a complete miss but it was definitely low looking. He also checked his zero at 27 yards earlier in the video and took a 43 yard shot. To me a 43 yard shot on dangerous game is probably warranted but seriously Darwin level dumb, which means you shouldn't be using a bow on dangerous game at all.

I loved how he had to state that he made a double lung shot but didn't show the wound at all in the video. That old guy thinks he can still play the "my dick is bigger than yours" game.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I don’t see the allure in killing something like that. I just don’t. I’m a hunter and have been all my life, I still don’t understand why anyone would want to shoot a lion chewing on a stick under a tree.
But we would shoot a deer, elk, bison, or eland while they’re chewing their cud wouldn’t we? Different strokes for different folks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems about normal for those SFI "hunters".
I once watched a man attempt to teach kids how to gut a deer. He said that it smells really bad but you have to do this. He stabbed into the deer and then proceeded to hack/cut about 3 inches deep from ribs to the pelvic bone. Then he took a bone saw and sawed ribs, hide and hair to the neck.

I showed a better method on the rest of the deer.
I guided a guy and his two sons on a youth hunt for a friend/neighbor from my blind. Both killed a doe, and when time to gut, he asked I not help as he wanted to teach his kids.
He had those does unzipped faster than I've seen anybody do that, and as he removed each organ he told the sons what it was and what it did in the body.
When getting the man and sons back to the camp, neighbor and I went to retrieve the does in a UTV.
I commented about his skills and was told he had been a heart surgeon for about 10 years, and unzipped people every day. Yeah, he knew what he was doing.
This was 15 give or take years ago.
I actually met up with this Dr. online last year and came to the conclusion I was the one guiding his sons as we have a common friend which is our neighbor. Small world.
To make it even smaller, Last summer when we were in Howard Co for the Summer, we met a couple and spent a lot of time touring the backwoods. One night with adult beverages abundant, he told a story of a guy that took a Dr. out on a noodling trip and he mentioned a name.
It was the knick name of our neighbor at the farms that put on the youth hunts. Very different knick name so it got my attention, and I asked him if this guy's real name was Greg. It sure was and he used to work with our neighbor in the medical sales field for years.
He said that was impossible, surely you don't know Greg, so I got on the phone and called Greg. They had a good chat, then told me about the story above Greg had related to him about the Heart Surgeon in the past.
What are the odds of that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom