Live PD on A&E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't really a rant. I just know those threads are popular these days. :)

As long-time Tulsans and after spending seven years running a hip-hop nightclub, my wife and I find Live PD quite interesting.

On the most recent episode, the Tulsa Gang Unit served a warrant on a house and found an AR-15 in the home of a felon. The officers remarked that it was an AR that "had been modified to shoot 7.62x39, the same round as the AK-47" and that those rounds could pierce the body armor that they wear. The police expert back in the NY studio was even more shocked by them finding this.

Is anyone else watching it? What do you think?

Bryan
I think they are morons if they are more scared of the penetration of an AK round than a 5.56.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the "live" show with Tulsa PD the other night. I didn't see a stitch of snow on the ground. Guess I missed it...

Yeah, I think the show they produce is live and not edited together (which is how they get by saying it's live), but not at the time we are seeing it. Television lied to us!! LOL

I think they are morons if they are more scared of the penetration of an AK round than a 5.56.

The Tulsa guys on the show don't really seem like morons which is why I was kind of surprised why they said that. Even though they use them alot I just don't think a lot of cops are "gun guys."

All that modifying must have cost you a fortune...

I didn't know my money was your problem.
Yeah, I have some money in them, so what?
Only differences are mags, barrel & parts, bolt and firing pin.

FWIW, as a sarcastic you-know-what myself, I totally took the comment as sarcasm.

I don't spend a lot of time of Viceland, but this looks good for laughs..

Ghetto thug Brits? Looks good if I can get around the British accents. (I have a hard time understanding those!)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 in 7.62X39 and I love them.

i66.tinypic.com_260s8z9.jpg
What kind of hand guard covers are those? And by the way, those are very nice rifles.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MI handguard covers for the pistol and UTG handguard.
You have to use the extra UTG screws to attach to the UTG handguard.
Thanks for the compliments, they are a lot of fun.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're "live" (live-ish from what I understand) in like six different cities, one of which is Tulsa. The most recent one was in Tulsa a LOT.

There's actually been a lot of police type shows in Tulsa. TCSO was on several episodes of Cops a few years ago and "The First 48" (also an A&E show) had several episodes following the TPD homicide unit.

COPS tried coming to the OKC metro before that and luckily everyone said no thanks. I'm actually shocked Whetsel didn't jump on it just for more TV time.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sergeant Larkin (TPD) is making quite the name for himself on this show. This weekend they ran Friday and Saturday nights and he wasn't in Tulsa on the job as normal but rather in the A&E studios in NY with the host and the other police officer commentator/expert. It's kind of cool that the rising star on the show is a Tulsa guy. It reminds me of what happened with John Bunnel getting featured on several episodes of COPS and then ending up the host of his own show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom