lock pick guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmusteen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if this should be in general discussion, interested in legal aspects of selling in oklahoma, given some states require tracking sells between citizens, and I can't seem to find it in our state statutes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this should be in general discussion, interested in legal aspects of selling in oklahoma, given some states require tracking sells between citizens, and I can't seem to find it in our state statutes.

This is the only statute I could find.

Oklahoma Statutes - § 21-1442 - Possession of certain tools by persons previously convicted of burglary. Any person who has been previously convicted of the crime of burglary who has in his possession, custody or concealed about his person, or transports or causes to be transported, any combination of three (3) or more of the following tools: Sledge hammer, pry bar, punches, chisel, bolt cutters, with the intent to use or employ, or allow the same to be used or employed, in the commission of a crime, or knowing that the tools are to be used in the commission of a crime, shall be guilty of a felony.

Tools in a sack are "concealed." HUNNICUTT, v. STATE.

Statute applies only to persons previously convicted of burglary possessing any combination of three (3) or more of the following tools: sledgehammer, pry bar, punches, chisel, bolt cutters.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any law prohibiting the use of lock pick tools. The statute Dennis posted applies to convicted felons and even then, you have to prove intent.

Don't know if you know what a lock pick gun is or not, but all it is, is a gun shaped tool with a trigger used to hold and manipulate a rake pick. The movies portray it as a magical tool that you shove into a key hole, pull the trigger (sometimes there is a flash added for effect, but there is none in real life) and two seconds later the lock opens. In real life it takes longer.

jmusteen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks fyrtwuck, atual its been a hobby for about 6months, and bought a snap gun in curiousity and well I've found it less than useful as a hobbyest, more entertaining attempting to single pin pick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom