Looking at new trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all the trouble I had with the Ford and a traditional V-8 there was no way in hell I was going to trust a Ford with a more complex hopped up V-6. Plus the 12 Ford outside of the ecoboost is pretty close to the same truck it was back in 04. You Ford boys are always so touchy when someone doesn't drink the kool-aid.
You had a 5.4, POS honestly so your right about that but the newer 5.0 and ecoboost are spot on honestly.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You had a 5.4, POS honestly so your right about that but the newer 5.0 and ecoboost are spot on honestly.

They may be. I know several people who have owned an EB and they have been pleased with them. Didn't get good mileage like they expected but they ran well and not a lot of problems. They are hardcore ford guys though so idk how unbiased an opinion they offer. The fact remains that I tried something else and have been satisfied. I'm sure there have been people who have had **** luck with Ram too. There probably isn't a whole lot of differences reliability wise between any of them if one were to really take an unbiased look at them. Just hard to take a personal bias out due to previous experience for any of us.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may be. I know several people who have owned an EB and they have been pleased with them. Didn't get good mileage like they expected but they ran well and not a lot of problems. They are hardcore ford guys though so idk how unbiased an opinion they offer. The fact remains that I tried something else and have been satisfied. I'm sure there have been people who have had **** luck with Ram too. There probably isn't a whole lot of differences reliability wise between any of them if one were to really take an unbiased look at them.
I agree. Just never been a dodge fan. I see a bunch of them on the road so they must be doing something right but overall I prefer the look of a ford.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how do those new tundras rate as far as towing capability? I have an 06 that has a crap rating. I love it for its reliability but its gets pushed around by a semi heavy trailer. The other down side is its creature comforts aren't as nice as the domestics, and the ride is comparably rough and noisy. maybe they have fixed those things.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how do those new tundras rate as far as towing capability? I have an 06 that has a crap rating. I love it for its reliability but its gets pushed around by a semi heavy trailer. The other down side is its creature comforts aren't as nice as the domestics, and the ride is comparably rough and noisy. maybe they have fixed those things.

Everything I have read and heard is that the Tundra, when considering all 1/2 ton trucks, is really not too good. More than enough power but it squats a lot with heavier trailers, milage is terrible compared to others (below average mpg's when not towing). The Tundra does a lot of good thing but towing is not one of them compared to other trucks. However, some of this can be remedied with air bags. In the end if you are regularly towing anything over 8K lbs, despite what the literature/stickers states, you really should step up to a 3/4 ton.

And some are mentioning that Tundras are the most "American Made" trucks. All Ram 1500s are built in the USA. The 2500/3500 are built in Mexico.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haul a 5500lb tractor on a tandem trailer with my Tacoma. I put air bags on it, but load it right and it doesn't need them. Trailer brakes are a MUST! when using a Tacoma to pull that weight. I'd say trailer brakes are a must with any truck.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dodge Ram MegaCab (64,000 miles) is currently sitting at the dealer for the 3rd time for the same ****...wheel bearings and differential. It's been there for 2 weeks now. It came with a limited lifetime drivetrain warranty. These are things it specifically says are covered. Yesterday the dealer told me it was no longer covered because it requires a 5 year lifetime warranty inspection that I did not have done. I informed him I did bring it in at the 4 1/2 year point and had them do a complete inspection where I specifically asked them to inspect the differentials. He said he does see where I did that but because I did not ask for the "5 year lifetime warranty inspection" and because it wasn't within 5 months of the 5 year point, I'm out, that'll be $2000 please. I called Chrysler and they said the same thing. Absolute ********! I will never own another POS Chrysler product EVER!!!

And btw, for a dealer to take 2 weeks for a simple differential repair is ludicrous. I say 2 weeks, but since it's still there it may be even longer.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dodge Ram MegaCab (64,000 miles) is currently sitting at the dealer for the 3rd time for the same ****...wheel bearings and differential. It's been there for 2 weeks now. It came with a limited lifetime drivetrain warranty. These are things it specifically says are covered. Yesterday the dealer told me it was no longer covered because it requires a 5 year lifetime warranty inspection that I did not have done. I informed him I did bring it in at the 4 1/2 year point and had them do a complete inspection where I specifically asked them to inspect the differentials. He said he does see where I did that but because I did not ask for the "5 year lifetime warranty inspection" and because it wasn't within 5 months of the 5 year point, I'm out, that'll be $2000 please. I called Chrysler and they said the same thing. Absolute ********! I will never own another POS Chrysler product EVER!!!

And btw, for a dealer to take 2 weeks for a simple differential repair is ludicrous. I say 2 weeks, but since it's still there it may be even longer.

Read the fine print, it was in the contract. Not that I totally agree with their stance on this, but if you consider what they are honoring, they need to have limitations and draw the line somewhere. You are by far not the only one who has figured this out too late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom