Looking to buy my first AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may take a look at a few Aimpoints. I have used the Eotech before. Looks like it's not much more for the T1 over the H1. Are you guys talking about the LT660 when you say Larue mount? That looks pretty tall!

I thought the same thing, it looks very tall, but once mounted it's perfect and I'm extremely happy with it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LT-660 is a lower 1/3 co witness with standard irons. I preferred the absolute co witness of the LT-751 or the ADM HK mount for my H1.
This is totally a personal preference thing. I have a slight astigmatism in my shooting eye and being able to view the dot through the small aperture helps to greatly sharpen the dot for longer range shooting.

Having said that, i have since replaced that red dot with an M4 and dont foresee going back to the H1. The m4 with the QRP mount is an absolute co witness as well.

Last edited:

heat-ar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like it's not much more for the T1 over the H1.

That's the way i looked at it to. Let's say you got $1800.00 in your h1 and ar and you go with the t1 you have $1880.00 in you ar and its ready for night vision.When i got into the ar thing i thought i would never used night vision now i am looking into buying night vision product.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LT-660 is a lower 1/3 co witness with standard irons. I preferred the absolute co witness of the LT-751 or the ADM HK mount for my H1.
This is totally a personal preference thing. I have a slight astigmatism in my shooting eye and being able to view the dot through the small aperture helps to greatly sharpen the dot for longer range shooting.Having said that, i have since replaced that red dot with an M4 and dont foresee going back to the H1. The m4 with the QRP mount is an absolute co witness as well.

Now why didn't I think of that? I may be getting fixed rear sights now. My wallet hates you UMB! lol

That's the way i looked at it to. Let's say you got $1800.00 in your h1 and ar and you go with the t1 you have $1880.00 in you ar and its ready for night vision.When i got into the ar thing i thought i would never used night vision now i am looking into buying night vision product.

If you need an NV setting on an optic, you're using your NV wrong. (Assuming you're referring to a PVS-14 style)

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need an NV setting on an optic, you're using your NV wrong. (Assuming you're referring to a PVS-14 style)

I've been using my PVS-14 on a twist mount behind my compm4 using the nv setting. Now, if the nv is on my helmet, I have it on my non-dominant eye and the red dot on my dominant eye on the non-nv setting. My brain puts the 2 images together. However, an IR laser is definitely the way to go.

I don't mind the passive setup with it mounted on my AR when I get setup in a good hog/coyote spot. That thing starts to get heavy on your head after awhile. Just bought some counter weights to help balance it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom