"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking "!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I smoked since I was 16, quit once for a year and picked `em back up and smoke until the Doc said to quit and I laid `em down 2 1/2 years ago and aint looked back....Best of luck to you and never quit trying to quit.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I smoked since I was 16, quit once for a year and picked `em back up and smoke until the Doc said to quit and I laid `em down 2 1/2 years ago and aint looked back....Best of luck to you and never quit trying to quit.
I would agree, if I have a dream I am smoking. My mouth still waters if I think about it for very long, and I quit 15 years ago.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I smoked two packs of Marlboros the day I quit. Dropped them cold turkey. You can do it, just don't light another one. It really is that simple. You have to want it though.

My dad smoked for 50 years. Just went through a terrible tonsil cancer treatment. I can promise you, you don't want that.

Drop them and walk away.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I smoked two packs of Marlboros the day I quit. Dropped them cold turkey. You can do it, just don't light another one. It really is that simple. You have to want it though.

^^ Absolute truth. 33year smoker. I've quit cold turkey several times successfully only to pick them back later up like an idiot. Last time I quit I used the e-cigs for well over a year using the lowest nic juice they had. Then I got a sinus infection and the e-cig really exacerbated it because they dehydrate your sinuses. I'm still dealing with the effects to a small extent, my ears are constantly plugging up and I'm half deaf anyway without that going on. Needless to say I dropped the e-cig like a rock. I will wear a nicotine patch or use the lozenges pretty regular because I'm less cranky when I do.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My dad smoked for 50 years. Just went through a terrible tonsil cancer treatment. I can promise you, you don't want that.

Drop them and walk away.

It's not as easy as wanting it. Granted for some it is, others need more.

My dad also smoked for 50 years, we lost him last year and y'all want no part of what he went through. Hopefully, everyone that wants to quit here, finds a way to do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom