1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lower engraving

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by ultimase, Feb 15, 2015.

1. ultimase

ultimase Sharpshooter

honestly thinking about maybe doing that if I do another. Just make sure you're deep enough.

2. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    For as cheap and quick as it is to have it professionally done, I don't know why one would do it by hand... But, to each his own; who am I to tell somebody what they should do! Just personal preference I guess :)

3. pistolpete2002

pistolpete2002 Sharpshooter

Has anyone one been to SW Engravers since the post above, 5/6/15? I just went by there and the blinds were shut, they had fabric blocking the view in from the door and a sheet of paper that said, "Modified Hours: 11-3". I was there at 11:30, but the door was locked. I may try to run by there again since it's not far from work. My other thought was to run by Cold Hand Arms, but they charge $35 as opposed to $15.

4. pistolpete2002

pistolpete2002 Sharpshooter

I actually answered my own question. I decided to try SW Engravers again and the lady answered. She is only open from 11-3 and is apparently is some bad health right now. She did a great job as usual and it only took her about 15 minutes and it was $15. When I went by there at 11:30 this morning she was at the doctor.

5. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If anyone is still looking, I can now do lowers!!!

[​IMG]

6. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Dangit... I just realized I'ma have to have my lower engraved when my SBR stamp is approved... but I just had it Cerakoted. Which means engraving will go through that and leave bare metal. Not sure about painting/colorfill on Cerakote. Anyone know if it wipes away as easily as the regular milspec finish? I've colorfilled a bunch of my rollmarks, but I don't want to get paint on my Cerakote that won't come off. I usually use a paper towel with some turpentine on it to wipe away excess paint. It shouldn't discolor my Cerakote, should it??

<edit> It's burnt bronze if that makes a difference.

7. agb104983

agb104983 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I just got my first batch of NFA items engraved. I used Wes from Marking Masters in Collinsville. I believe his screen name here is orangewes. I was pleased with my results. This is my first time getting anything engraved and definitely not my last but his work looks much better to me than the work from Juno I have seen. Just wanted to let everyone know because up until recently I didn't know about any other NFA engravers other than Juno and I know that they are the most well-known engravers in town for these types of items.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  8. Surveyor1653

Surveyor1653 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  9. }BuLL

}BuLL Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Another plus for Southwest Engravers in OKC. She was quick, and did a great job.
    Thanks for the lead.

10. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Glad to hear she's still around!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk