M&P 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whittaker Guns has the 2.0 on sale for $389 + $16 shipping. There is also a 5% coupon MOVINGDAY.
I had some problems with the site not applying the coupon, but accepting it. Also once I submitted the order I got a message that my cart was empty, but I did get a order confirmation. I ordered my last 2.0 from them and had no problems. At this price I couldn't pass it up.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-38086

It sounds like S&W is punching Glock right in the mouth with this M&P pricing of late. Shields for $220 final price and now this.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I asked a S&W rep why I haven't seen a 5" FDE 2.0 without the thumb safety or if they even make one. He couldn't tell me.

On a side note...I got to handle a FN 509.

I did not like it at all. It felt worse in the hand than a Glock to me. They were even going to let me shoot it at the indoor range for free. I passed.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a G34 and can now honestly say that IMO the Glock has one thing and one thing only over on the M&P. Accuracy. Except for the M&P 45s which shoot rather well, the Glocks are in general more accurate at distance. M&P trounces Glock in every other respect. My hope is that these 2.0s caught up to Glock in the accuracy department and it sounds like they may have from the early feedback on them.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any kind of issue with accuracy either, but I did handle a 2.0 yesterday and man, the trigger and the reset are a huge improvement over the older model. I don't think he texture would be an issue for me; the main thing I don't care for is the detailed takedown of them vs the Glock. Actually, the pistol seems to be a very well executed design. I am just heavily invested in the Glock/1911 platforms in terms of not only firearms, but holsters and parts as well. For you guys into M&P's though, this is a going to be sweet.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any kind of issue with accuracy either, but I did handle a 2.0 yesterday and man, the trigger and the reset are a huge improvement over the older model. I don't think he texture would be an issue for me; the main thing I don't care for is the detailed takedown of them vs the Glock. Actually, the pistol seems to be a very well executed design. I am just heavily invested in the Glock/1911 platforms in terms of not only firearms, but holsters and parts as well. For you guys into M&P's though, this is a going to be sweet.

Detail strip isn't as bad as it looks. Having to drive a pin out to get the extractor out is the "worst" part, but still no big deal. But yeah, not quite as slick as the gLock coming apart.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a ton of posts on enos about the longslides throwing 4-6" groups at 25 yards and many even at 15. Never heard of that problem with a G17L or 34/35. Mine isn't that bad but I often wonder if the plate I just missed at 15 yards is me or the gun. I'm fairly good at calling my shots. This is mostly with the long slide versions ironically, the full size guns don't seem to have the issue as bad and neither do the .45s.

Randy Lee at APEX Tactical did his barrel specifically to address this. He claims if fitted perfectly 1.5" groups from a Ransom Rest at 50 yards are possible. It also sounds like he's pretty convinced it's because of loose tolerancing and modulus of elasticity of the barrel and slide steels. It's probably one of the reasons he's developing his own complete upper for the M&P line too.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been lucky with all my M&Ps because they've been tack-drivers. But I do know the 2.0 is supposed to address the accuracy issue some M&Ps exhibited.