Mac Brown the $5.2 million dollar man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got an update saying Ol' Mac got a contract extentsion to 9 years at $5.2 mil a year.
Reckon he's really worth it? :scratch:

Sounds like a good thing for the rest of the Big12. :ooh2:

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To be honest, I have never heard his name mentioned for another job college or pro.

of course not, he is not interested (texas is considered the best head coaching job in NCAA), he has been mentioned for a couple of AD jobs.. that will be his next step.. that is like saying you never hear bill belicheks name mentioned for other jobs..

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, college tuition is so expensive, but they pay coaches $5M a year. 'Murrica!

Don't most major Football Programs (OU,TX,Bama,USC, etc) make enough to cover all related expenses plus a lot of other sports programs expenses? I've heard that it is typically unrelated to tuition in big programs like that, but I'm not saying for sure because it is just hearsay for me...

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't most major Football Programs (OU,TX,Bama,USC, etc) make enough to cover all related expenses plus a lot of other sports programs expenses? I've heard that it is typically unrelated to tuition in big programs like that, but I'm not saying for sure because it is just hearsay for me...

you are correct football covers all other sports and still turns a profit.. it is even true at schools like OSU...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never will forget when I lived in Galveston/Houston. I'd listen to sports radio and they'd be interviewing Mack and allowing people to call in.

99.9999% of the people who called in to talk to Mack would state something like this...."I don't care what games you win or lose, JUST BEAT OKLAHOMA(OU)"!!!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom