Mac Brown the $5.2 million dollar man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am amazed that tu would commit $46.8M for nine years to Mack Brown after the disappointments of the last two seasons. Thats an expensive vote of confidence when there was still a number of years left on his contract. How many times have we seen these big contract extensions turn into firings the next year? Not saying anything bad about Coach Brown, I am just not a believer in this type of extension. Oh well, I guess I don't need to worry about tu, I have more than enough to worry about with my Aggies in the SEC. Gig'Em

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am amazed that tu would commit $46.8M for nine years to Mack Brown after the disappointments of the last two seasons. Thats an expensive vote of confidence when there was still a number of years left on his contract. How many times have we seen these big contract extensions turn into firings the next year? Not saying anything bad about Coach Brown, I am just not a believer in this type of extension. Oh well, I guess I don't need to worry about tu, I have more than enough to worry about with my Aggies in the SEC. Gig'Em

Yep the sips are a weird bunch. Mid season they were grabbing the pitchforks, lighting the fires, and calling for his head. Now they throw down near 50 mil at Ol'Yellow teeth!. The only thing I can figure is that, somewhere in his contract there must be the option of moving him to an AD position if he has another "sub-par" season or two. But even if that happens, who the heck pays an AD 5 million a year.

Gig'em!

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are actually only a handful of college teams that actually make a profit, it's really the other way around. Instead of every team making lots of money like everyone thinks, most are supported by other means. But yes, college football teams make the majority of their money for the rest of the sports, but they are still in the red. Texas is one of the few teams that make money. OSU however is one that doesn't make money I'm pretty sure, once you figure in other sports.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are actually only a handful of college teams that actually make a profit, it's really the other way around. Instead of every team making lots of money like everyone thinks, most are supported by other means. But yes, college football teams make the majority of their money for the rest of the sports, but they are still in the red. Texas is one of the few teams that make money. OSU however is one that doesn't make money I'm pretty sure, once you figure in other sports.

not true OSU football made about 8 mil after taking out for all other sports. that is why people were so upset that they weren't offering gundy more money, because football was turning a profit even though the economy, etc.. sucks...

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not true OSU football made about 8 mil after taking out for all other sports. that is why people were so upset that they weren't offering gundy more money, because football was turning a profit even though the economy, etc.. sucks...

They might have made a profit last year, but its probably the first time. There were only 22 schools to show a profit within all their athletics in 2010, only 14 or so teams in 2009. More teams might be starting to make a profit, but it's not common and OSU is not one of those teams that makes a profit year after year after all sports are figured in. Do football teams make a profit by themselves of course and I agree there are tons of football teams that make a profit but not schools that do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom