Magnified Eotec or 4x ACOG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mounted an ACOG 4X NSN something or other special forces model on a flattop 20" HB RRA 1/8" twist upper on a Bushmaster lower w/replacement drop-in match trigger. Zeroed it @100yds to match the 100 marked stadia line and tested it three times on metallic silhouettes from 200-500 meters. It worked as advertised, but I noted some realities like the horizontal stadia lines are very small and the shooters eye relief needs to be exactly right. It would be more useful for me at distances from 100-300 meters/yards. When I have a little more time to get a sight picture. Not for top speed target aquisition, CQB style. Maybe with training a shooter can make do. Also the day I compared it to my Winchester model 70 Stealth II .308 rifle w/Shepherd BDC 10X scope, it scored much lower in usability and ergonomics. Most noticable at the 385 meter and 500 meter targets. Athough I was confounded by crosswinds at 500m even with 168gr SMK bullets fired out of the Win bolt gun. The 10-15 mph crosswinds made getting hits past 300m pretty iffy for me. Firing 77gr SMK out of the AR.

thatoneguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an eotech 512 also and had a 3x magnifyer on it. I wasn't too impressed with it and ended up selling it.

Go cheap, i have a millet dms-1 that works fine for me if I want magnification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom