Major Price increase on 5.56 NATO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked to have fell out of my chair last night.... just recieved my new Cheaper than Dirt catalog.
In the last catalog, Federal 5.56 Nato green tip SS109's in the 420 count metal can was selling for $139.97. In the new catalog it is now $199.97... a increase of $60. WOW!

Glad I bought a can when I did at WalMart for only $149+ tax+ $163.

If you shoot a lot of 5.56, you might want to stock up if you can still find it at the lower price.

C

Clay

Someone turned me on to that web site last week and I saw the price of $190 for 5.56 and thought THATS CHEAP but now your telling me thats the increased price. But thats still a good deal.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dustin is right Cheaper than Dirt IS NOT the best place to buy ammo. They do their prices by trying to stoke th fires of feasr of gun bans,ammo bans and such. Their prices took a huge swing upward oh about this time 4 years ago. I think there was an upcoming election about that time. I will never buy from them again but its your money to spend as you seee fit. This might be a good time to learn reloading 5.56. Its not that difficult.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dustin is right Cheaper than Dirt IS NOT the best place to buy ammo. They do their prices by trying to stoke th fires of feasr of gun bans,ammo bans and such. Their prices took a huge swing upward oh about this time 4 years ago. I think there was an upcoming election about that time. I will never buy from them again but its your money to spend as you seee fit. This might be a good time to learn reloading 5.56. Its not that difficult.

CTD has had the 420 ct SS109's for only $139 for the last 6 months or more.. so it isn't that they are trying to gouge anyone. The beef most people have with CTD is their shipping costs. Even Walmart went up $10 in one day on this same product a couple of months ago.. and haven't been able to get any since. Right now my Walmart can't even get the $40 Federal bulk 100 ct boxes of .223's... their warehouse has been out for months. all I can find is the American Eagle & Russian stuff in 20 ct boxes.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1000. From the way they acted and responded to the gun community, it will be a cold day before I buy anything else from them.

CTD has had the 420 ct SS109's for only $139 for the last 6 months or more.. so it isn't that they are trying to gouge anyone. The beef most people have with CTD is their shipping costs. Even Walmart went up $10 in one day on this same product a couple of months ago.. and haven't been able to get any since. Right now my Walmart can't even get the $40 Federal bulk 100 ct boxes of .223's... their warehouse has been out for months. all I can find is the American Eagle & Russian stuff in 20 ct boxes.

Dream on. Check out Widener's, Ammo to Go, Glen's Army Navy, and Slick Guns for ammo pricing. CTD are bandits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom