Make your own shotgun railed forearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I'd share the light mount I fab'd up for my Mossberg 500. Short piece of rail from Magpul, a sharp chisel and some Acraglas. Simple, easy and it you don't have extra rails all over the place. Chisel out the a little bit of the forearm so the rail will sit perpendicular to the barrel and drill out the bolt holes. I drilled small countersunk holes in the back of the forearm so I could Acraglas in the nuts for the bolts with a Forstner bit to get a flat bottomed hole. Attach the rail with the bolts and a little bit of Acraglas and you are set, puts the Streamlight switch in easy reach.

ai238.photobucket.com_albums_ff172_wsup_doc__DSC0273.jpg
border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

ai238.photobucket.com_albums_ff172_wsup_doc__DSC0277.jpg

ai238.photobucket.com_albums_ff172_wsup_doc__DSC0281.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good! I simply bolted a very low profile section of steel Leupold Weaver base onto mine for a light mount. I did this back in 1998! :)

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0002.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0003.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0005.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0006.jpg

Ronk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little more labor intensive than some other options, but it ended up looking pretty nice!

Thanks. It only took about an hour or so.

It did turn out pretty nice. Let us know how it holds up after you shoot a few dozen rounds of 00 through it. Thanks for the post.

Holding out well for a couple of dozen 00 and more than a few rounds of "trap". :)

Looks good! I simply bolted a very low profile section of steel Leupold Weaver base onto mine for a light mount. I did this back in 1998! :)

I like the idea of using the Weaver base. Fantastic idea!

Latest posts

Top Bottom