Man my first Finn is coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have THE BEST WIFE any man could have.I was told to order what ever finn I wanted for Christmas.I can't wait till it come in.I truly love WW2 rifles.I have
a few now but never thought I would have a top grade Finn.

I hope to post a pic when it get's here.I just have to figure out how to do that?
:scream:

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was into the surps I had a few different Finn's and they were always a step up from standard Soviet quality with the exception of the 91 and 91/30's that were forced into service after battle and before a rebuild. My favorite was in this order:
28/30
M39
SVT (semi)
M76 (semi)

The Finns were great at reusing captured weapons, and even at stealing them from the Soviets when needed. It always interested me knowing that the majority of Finn snipers chose not to use optics. Finns also understood the importance of good quality ammo. Ever wonder why you do not see a lot of Finn bayonets--because the Finnish soldiers thought they were heavy and pitched them in favor of the puukko knife. Got to love a place that uses reindeer leather slings instead of inferior leather too.

StorkPatrol

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, the reason you don't see many Finn bayonets is that most of them were scrapped during the Cold War to appease their neighbor to the East. Original M-39 bayos are true collector items and often cost more than the rifles they attach to. --Stork

Latest posts

Top Bottom