Mares Leg (Bounty Hunter)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Season I and Season II on DVD great show, Man he was so young during that show. You going to get the hoslter that goes with it? I want to hear how it shoots would love to add one to the family.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oops! Work came in and couldn't hit the range today. As soon as we get there, I'll "report".

For those who remember the TV series Firefly, the gun that character Zoe used most of the time was a "Mare's Leg".

Woody

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that an actual standard production Puma now, or are they still being built on pistol-marked frames by a smaller company?

Because that's just too sweet, really :)

Though...I'm afraid I'd put a Rifleman lever on it and fire it as fast as possible. With 44-40, I could probably pay off my mortgage with the ammo costs of the things I'd do with this :)

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! What a fun gun! More than that, I cannot add!

It holds 6+1 rounds. In a home defense situation, I can see it being effective. Most such shooting is from the hip or something like it. At 24" long with a 12" barrel, it'll deliver all the 44-40 cartridge can deliver in a very maneuverable, easy to maintain a solid grip on, firearm.

Woody

Attachments

• maresleg.jpg
    maresleg.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 129

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I remember from the early 1960's western featuring Steve M'Queen as the "Bounty Hunter", they had him carrying this cut down lever action in a custom right side holster w/bullet loops up front holding long rifle cartridges like .30-30 WIN. As if it was a powerfull short barrelled rifle that could dominate any gunfight. That only HE possessed and could control. What a laugh, one episode showed him sitting on a hotel room bed wiping down and cleaning the weapon, when an unexpected knock on the door surprised him and he quickly picked up an obviously short pistol caliber round from a pile of them on the bed beside his leg, where he had previously ejected them prior to doing maintenance on the "Mares Leg". Sheesh. Threw the round into the ejection port and shut the lever, answered the door, ready for action, baby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom