Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drinking is ok though. (heavy sarcasm for the sarcasm impaired)

TO me this thread and the FUD associated with Mary Jane that comes from some conservatives cracks me up. It's honestly the same exact mentality that gun grabbers have. If people are honestly worried about health and society issues then let's talk about opiates....or even tobacco?..... we sure as hell grow silent around here when someone wants to talk about an alcohol comparison.

Namely, it's honestly like the FUD you see with AR-15s. People try to paint the picture that it's of epidemic proportions when there is one or several other REAL issues that honestly have a greater effect on Americans. However, for whatever reasons, be it religious, or reefer madness you see a demographic that has an agenda and really isn't interested in education and facts.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't dance, drink, curse or smoke cigarettes and I don't need alcohol, Marijuana or any other drug around to use as an excuse to enjoy life. Life is too short to waste it on anything and if something doesn't add something positive to one's life then it surely takes something away. But I sure wish I had taken up dancing in my younger years...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh! Folks pot like booze can effect different people in different ways. All the study is saying is that it has shown an increase in mental illness in some pot smokers. It does not say in all of them. Seriously this is one of the reasons I keep saying we need real long term health studies of pot use. More bad side effects WILL show up over time just like more good effects. We just need the info to see which outweighs the other.

I love how a few are always so fast to jump in with "but booze is worse"

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't dance, drink, curse or smoke cigarettes and I don't need alcohol, Marijuana or any other drug around to use as an excuse to enjoy life. Life is too short to waste it on anything and if something doesn't add something positive to one's life then it surely takes something away. But I sure wish I had taken up dancing in my younger years...

Nobody starts a funny story with..... "We were drinking Tea all day and......"

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You do know dancing is a one-way ticket to Hell, right?? :anyone:

If it weren't for alcohol, pot, opioids and cussing I'd have had no quality of life at all. And even WITH them some days are kinda spotty. Everybody else's MMV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom