mark iii ruger 22/45 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to help me fix my mark iii? I was taking it apart to clean, and when I put it back together it won't fire. I think it has something to do with the trigger disconnect safety, but I'm not sure. Ive taken it apart and put it back together several times with the same result. It worked fine before the first dis-assembly. Would anyone be willing to let me bring it over and show me the ropes?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had enough time to catch my breath I'd help you out in person, but right now all I can do is offer encouragement, LOL.

I can almost guarantee you are doing something wrong...we've all been there. Put it down, walk away, flush your brain, watch a couple videos and try again.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i bought a new in the box stainless MIII loaded it went down to the creek had to pull the trigger twice to get it to fire, then it was ok till i put the next mag in , had to pull trigger twice before it would fire emailed ruger they sent ups prepaid label, they had it 19 days .got it back same problem , i took it apart 3 times , cleaned & oiled it did not help. i could see that pushing trigger disconnect down as in the bolt coming to the rear the disc. was not popping up to engage the sear, called ruger they offered me another shipping label. i said i would see if i could fix it,took out the spring for the magazine disconnect bent it about 2 degrees away from mag disc. witch pulled the spring up against the mag disc. WORKS GREAT goes bang first pull of the trigger, i own lots of rugers this is the frist time i have had a problem

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could you email me that pictorial at [email protected] ? I watched the Ruger help videos when I took my MKIII apart and was lucky enough that it actually worked afterwards but I think a pictorial would be helpful.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom