mark iii ruger 22/45 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd1903

New to the site!
Reaction score
i bought a new in the box stainless MIII loaded it went down to the creek had to pull the trigger twice to get it to fire, then it was ok till i put the next mag in , had to pull trigger twice before it would fire emailed ruger they sent ups prepaid label, they had it 19 days .got it back same problem , i took it apart 3 times , cleaned & oiled it did not help. i could see that pushing trigger disconnect down as in the bolt coming to the rear the disc. was not popping up to engage the sear, called ruger they offered me another shipping label. i said i would see if i could fix it,took out the spring for the magazine disconnect bent it about 2 degrees away from mag disc. witch pulled the spring up against the mag disc. WORKS GREAT goes bang first pull of the trigger, i own lots of rugers this is the frist time i have had a problem

I just bought a 22/45 today and the same thing is happening. I have to pull the trigger twice. Was there a video or pictorial on how to fix this?
Thanks,
Kd

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no video i just figgered it out my self by watching what was happening with the receiver off of the lower,it still works great,was down at the creek zeroing inmy new leupold m8 2x scope this afternoon, if u take it apart take some pictures go slow & watch where parts are located. i think the mag disc. spring could be bent with out removing it. if u are not to far away i would help u fix it.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GunTalk has a disassembly and assembly pictorial http://guntalk-online.com/2245detailstripping.htm

Typically the trigger not working is due to the disconnector not resetting. One thing to check is to make sure the disconnector is straight. If it is bent even a small amount it can drag against the frame, which can keep it from resetting. Also check the disconnector for burrs(it is a stamped part and can suffer from that). The MKIII I bought the end of last year had to be polished quite a bit to remove them.

Hawkeye

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not even taken mine apart just due to the fact that I am scared to death that I will not be able to put it back together again. I think that I will have to buy the speed strip so I can clean.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I installed a Volquartsen sear and removed the magazine disconnect in my Mark III, that wasn't the hard part. Getting the dang thing back together was a real PITA, even after watching the Ruger video over, and over, and over! Finally got me a Buckmark which is almost as nice as the modified Ruger straight out of the box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom