Mark III Standard Barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I'm looking at replacing my Ruger MKIII pistol. I've always bought the standard model like the one below. I've always been scared that a bump or knock could easily put the sights out of alighment. Is this something to be worried about? Is a bull barrel with adjustable sights THAT much better?

Thanks, all!
[Broken External Image]

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never shot a standard barrel but the only complaint about my stainless MkIII Target is that it is too loud. Thanks to ATF eForms that should only be an issue for another month or so. The gun is more accurate than I am. I liked the gun so much I actually bought a 22/45 Target model so I could use that barrel for the integral suppressor build.

[Broken External Image]

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Typically, the front sight on the standard barrel is not a known weak point in the gun (Frankly, I don't think it has one - and it's beautiful to boot). it would take much more that a slight bump or mis-holster to cause sighting issues. If this is the barrel you like, keep going that route. As you already know, It's a fine piece of workmanship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom