Mayors Against Illegal Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I got an e-mail from my old friend "Jeff Trasel", who mentioned that he had just spent several gleeful hours updating Wikipedia's page on the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition. He said: "Take a look at the new section on Indicted, convicted, and scandalized members. The utter hypocrisy of these scoundrels is fantabulous! They outta to re-name the organization: 'Mayors (Only a Few of Whom are Thieves, Bribe-Takers, Civil Rights Violators, Money-Launderers, Influence-Peddlers, Defrauders, Philanderers, NFA Violators, Extortionists, Perjurers, Commie Sympathizers, and Pedophiles) Against Illegal Guns (Except of Course Our Own) Coalition.' Oh, I gotta mention: The incarceration rate in the United States is approximately 509 per 100,000, but if all of the currently-charged members of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition are convicted, their conviction rate would equate to 2,500 per 100,000, five times the national average for us lowly proles. It is hard to believe that such Ayyarun could be elected to positions of trust and confidence."

http://www.survivalblog.com/2009/08/notes_from_jwr_238.html

Wow, just wow!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best part of the whole article right there:

Following the illegal seizure of firearms in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Mayor Ray Nagin settled a lawsuit and had a permanent injunction issued prohibiting Nagin or any New Orleans employee from confiscating any lawfully possessed firearm and ordering the return of hundreds of illegally confiscated firearms. (They had been confiscated at Mayor Nagin's order.).

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful what you wish for - sometimes when trying to get out of the frying pan...

From Charlie Wilsons War:
Gust Avrakotos: There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. the boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later The boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "how terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
Charlie Wilson: Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Charlie Wilsons War:
Gust Avrakotos: There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. the boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later The boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "how terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
Charlie Wilson: Now the Zen master says, "We'll see."

Either my Chi is not flowing right or the Feng Shui on the forum is wrong, because I'm lost.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either my Chi is not flowing right or the Feng Shui on the forum is wrong, because I'm lost.

I think he's saying "we'll see" - as in, "We'll see what happens the next time New Orleans gets flooded".

I agree - it doesn't matter what the law says to someone who is intent on breaking the law - enter the mayo or New Orleans (clearly it did not matter before, so an injunction may not make much difference either).

Latest posts

Top Bottom