McStupids, or Why the Minimum Wage Should Be Lowered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning, I decided to stop by the golden arches for breakfast. Nothing too exotic, just a couple of sausage biscuits. However--and if you haven't tried this, you should--I like mine with a spoonful of their gravy on the sandwich (this is even better at Carl's Jr. on a steak and biscuit sandwich). Sort of a guilty pleasure (especially given that I should be on a diet). When it came my turn at the window, I ordered it that way: "two sausage biscuits, and put about a tablespoon of gravy on each one." I had to explain it about three times to the pidgin English coming from the speaker, but it eventually rang up as a side of gravy (probably the only way they have to charge for it), but whatever.

When I got to the window, the woman taking the money confirmed "two sausage biscuits and a side of gravy." Well, close--I want two sausage biscuits, each with about a tablespoon of gravy on the sandwich. Note the use of the keywords "each" and "tablespoon;" I was very careful to use both. She had to go talk to several people, and the three cars ahead of me in the receiving line were long gone before I finally got the go-ahead.

Pulling up to the second window, I waited for a good five minutes before finally being handed my bag. Now being in a hurry to make an appointment, I pulled off. As I drove, I opened the bag to find...one completely dry sandwich, and a platter with a whole sandwich, smothered with gravy (they did at least think to include silverware).

Sonuvabitch. Not only can they not follow simple directions, but how the hell do they expect me to use a knife and fork while driving?

After my appointment, I went back and complained to the manager. I pointed it out, and he couldn't understand what I was complaining about (he also spoke pidgin English). If I ordered a hamburger with ketchup, would you put the burger on a plate and ladle ketchup over it? "Oh, of course not!" But he still thinks he did it right, even though I clearly said "each" and "tablespoon."

These idiots think they deserve $15/hr? I say we give them 15¢ and let them earn the rest in tips.

The machines can't take over fast enough.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont you know the cardinal rule?
They always screw ya in the drivethrough.
Had I ordered that, I would have for sure planned to order inside.
Last two times I went to Arbys, I ordered a roastbeef AND cheddar combo with a Dr. Pepper and potato cakes. Seens easy enough right? I mean its on the menu as combo #6 IIRC.
Pulled away and opened a dry sammich...no cheddar. Next week, same thing - I didnt learn.
So the next time I told him what I wanted (same thing) and added "the last 2 times I've been here I drove off with an incorrect order"
He assures me he'll get it right.
At the window he hand me my bag and says "roastbeef n cheddar and potato cakes". I said yes, thanks. He took my money and didnt hand me my drink - which of course I called him out on. :facepalm

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lmao. I am not an attorney so I probably speak pidgin english. Should they put the strawberry jam on your biscuit if you order it that way? Don't be a dick just because you passed the bar exam.

i1.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_353_279_e31.jpg

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao. I am not an attorney so I probably speak pidgin english. Should they put the strawberry jam on your biscuit if you order it that way? Don't be a dick just because you passed the bar exam.

I'm not a lawyer and I guarantee if these goobs ever get $15/hr, I'll be the first one to riot.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a girl in the golden arches drive thru windows ask me if beef came from a cow.............yes, it really comes from cows.
She was shocked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom