meat butchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is sapulpa deer processing out near 161st west and 71st. There is also a place out on highway 33 near 330th called shortys. I've heard good things about both. I do my own though.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be aware, if you take your deer to Siegi's and have it ground, it will be mixed with all the other venison and ground together. I don't know about you, but I go to great effort to get my venison on ice ASAP and keep it clean and that is a waste of time if you have Siegi's process it. It will get dumped in with the stuff that has been left ungutted for hours or left in the back of someone's truck for who knows how long. I used Siegi's for a couple of years until I asked them and found out that I wasn't getting the meat I took in back. I went back to doing my own.

Of course, they will tell you they are picky about what they accept, but you can't see or smell a lot of the stuff I don't want on/in my venison!!

Sapulpa deer processing is another place I wouldn't let touch my venison!

Paul's in Sapulpa was very good, but they are out of business now.

crosshairs

New to the site!
Reaction score
Always have used Siegi's. They are by far the best anywhere. Sausage is exceptional and I love the way they package everything. Holds good in my freezer without getting freezer burn (believe its all vacuum packed). I've been to other processers and nobody is as clean as this place. Prices are good and well worth the money.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be aware, if you take your deer to Siegi's and have it ground, it will be mixed with all the other venison and ground together. I don't know about you, but I go to great effort to get my venison on ice ASAP and keep it clean and that is a waste of time if you have Siegi's process it. It will get dumped in with the stuff that has been left ungutted for hours or left in the back of someone's truck for who knows how long. I used Siegi's for a couple of years until I asked them and found out that I wasn't getting the meat I took in back. I went back to doing my own.

Of course, they will tell you they are picky about what they accept, but you can't see or smell a lot of the stuff I don't want on/in my venison!!

Sapulpa deer processing is another place I wouldn't let touch my venison!

Paul's in Sapulpa was very good, but they are out of business now.
what processor doesn't do that. not very cost effective to grind one deer at a time

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crosshairs

Siegi's does vacuum pack steaks and roasts, but does not vacuum pack ground meat. At least that's how mine came back when I used them 2 years ago. They did tell me that I would get my roasts and steaks back, but the ground stuff was all thrown together.

Saddlebum
Every other processor I've ever used has ground one deer at a time, they didn't clean the grinder between deer, which could result in cross contamination, but it isn't as bad as grinding tainted meat into the whole batch. I don't want my venison mixed with meat from someone who does not properly take care of it! I have seen too many deer brought into Siegi's that had hair and dirt all over them, that's what I could see, hate to think what was there that I couldn't see! I've seen skinned carcasses brought in that were just thrown into the bed of a pick-up with nothing covering them to keep them even half-way clean. Siegi's washes the carcasses with water, but water doesn't kill e-coli or other bacteria which is then ground into the meat!

You can eat that nasty stuff if you want, but I'll pass!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had no idea, every processor i've ever used has ground in batches and will tell you that you won't get your own meat when ground. i would just have them cut and package then grind my own when i needed burger meat

crosshairs

New to the site!
Reaction score
Agree with Saddlebum.

But be sure and don't forget one important step.

Cook your meat to a safe temperaure for all types of meat.

Cook food to the appropriate internal temperature—145°F for roasts, steaks, and chops of beef, veal, and lamb; 160°F for pork, ground veal, and ground beef; 165°F for ground poultry; and 180°F for whole poultry. Use a meat thermometer to be sure. Foods are properly cooked only when they are heated long enough and at a high enough temperature to kill the harmful bacteria that cause illnesses.

Too many people who get sick just don't cook their food properly. And yes water won't kill bacteria but cooking it will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom