meat butchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, if you cook ground venison patties past medium (hot pink center), they are too dry to eat. However, I do not add fat to my ground meat and that will make a difference on dryness.

Cooking will kill harmful bacteria, but, it's better if it is not there to begin with as there is always a chance of contamination even if you think you have cooked the meat well enough to kill the bacteria.

Like I said, you guys can eat the stuff that Siegi's puts out if you want, but I'll pass. I don't trust other folks not to bust the bladder or intestines while field dressing and I don't want urine &/or feces in my meat!! I posted to the thread so people would know what they are getting from Siegi's, if they had told me the meat I was getting back was not the meat I brought in, I would never have left my deer with them!

crosshairs

New to the site!
Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion.

I too have them add beef fat to mine because the venison is so dry by itself. Sometimes I have them make 50/50 venison and beef for a great meat loaf (or venison and pork).

Siegi's may not be for you but like I said they are by far the best I found and have not had one problem in the 10 years I have been using them. And I have been to quite a few processors in the past. Pauls was ok but not great. Very dirty and I didn't like seeing the deer I dropped off still sitting outside in a pile the next day. In 80 degree weather too. I like dropping my deer off at a place that is clean and put in the cooler right away.

Walke Brothers in Claremore does a good job too but doesn't take venison until January and it has to be boneless.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Paul's for over 10 years and I NEVER saw a deer left outside unless it was in line to be skinned and then it was done ASAP. I took mine in already skinned and it always went in the cooler while I was filling out paperwork. He probably processed 40 deer for me over the years. There is NO WAY Paul would have processed a deer left out overnight in 80 degree weather.

Are you SURE you are talking about Paul's in Sapulpa??? Sounds like you are describing the "meat processing/taxidermy" place on 161st west ave.

crosshairs

New to the site!
Reaction score
Yes I am very familiar with Paul's. And I was not the only one this happened to. Also know a guy who did some work there. But all in all he had a good business for many years.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was very careful preparing my deer last year for the processor. From shot to drop off. So........in light of this new information on Siegi's , I'd like to extend a warm heartfelt thank you! to whichever one of you shot the deer I received in my Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage cause good lord was it tasty!

Hell you can bring em a opossum this year if it tastes half as good as it did this year!

crappieslayer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always used Pauls Fine Meats and never had a complaint,took two deer to a butcher in Hominy and received more meat back on the smaller deer then the larger one,so they lost my business.

What is the name of the procesor near 161st in Sapulpa,I will try them or Shortys,like to try and stay close to home!

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always have used Siegi's. They are by far the best anywhere. Sausage is exceptional and I love the way they package everything. Holds good in my freezer without getting freezer burn (believe its all vacuum packed). I've been to other processers and nobody is as clean as this place. Prices are good and well worth the money.

I've never taken my deer to Siegi's, but I have bought their pork sausages (Kasewurst RULES!), pork chops, bacon, gound chuck and cheese. Rib eyes, too.

Good luck!

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Siegi's is by far the best processor I've used since Paul's went out of business. I've used a couple places in Sapulpa and have been shorted on meat and been told that they grind the meat in batches as well. None of it was near the quality Siegi's provided. If you think some seasonal deer processing joint is a better choice than a year round specialty shop that's been opened since the 1980s, so be it.

Other than processing the deer yourself, I haven't found any place that provides the quality that Siegi's does.

SIG44

Marksman
Reaction score
There is sapulpa deer processing out near 161st west and 71st. There is also a place out on highway 33 near 330th called shortys. I've heard good things about both. I do my own though.

I won't go here again. I was really not impressed. This guy has a small place, but gets alot of business. There were dear laying all over the floor when I went to pick up my meat. Take it to Rainey's Custom butchering in Ramona. Very impressive outfit. Family owned butchering business. They do beef and pork all the time, but have a seperate building for game. Very clean, and they vaccuum seal everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom