Meat Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a chargrill when I need to feed larges groups. Ive modified it to hold temps pretty well. I also have a Bradley auto-feed smoker to cook when I have alot to do and dont have time to babysit. The bradley cooks very well. Its great some weekends to be able to load the wood discs, set the smoke time, temp, and forget about it.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that "smoking" is about maintaining consistent heat over long periods of time.

One of the main things that makes cheap smokers cheap is how thin the metal is. The thicker the metal is the better job it does at trapping heat and keeping your temperatures from jumping around. If you just want to grill things then it doesn't really matter that much how thick the metal is since your basically cooking with direct heat.

Also if your looking for cooking without having to tend to a fire for half of the day then a big +1 on cookshacks. The thickness of the metal doesn't matter much with them since the heat is controlled electronically.

I was lucky enough to get a home made rig off a friend. This beast probably pushes 250+ pounds of steel.

cmiyata.zenfolio.com_img_s11_v3_p680897815_3.jpg

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine used to contain some sort of soap that was non-toxic and biodegradable. My dad kept cow feed in it for a while and they cows lived, so I will probably be ok. LOL (I hope)

If your ever found lying on your back w/ your hands & feet in the air like a dead coachroach... and have got some BBQ on your lips... then we will know why! :pms2:

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is my little unit it is almost 3/8'' thick and will hold the heat on a dime. I have ribs and chicken in her right now.

The pics make it look smaller than it is. I bought it from a guy that was doing weekend compitition cook-offs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom