Roll Your Own…..Smokes That Is!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I’m not a smoker, fortunately I was able to quit many moons ago, the Mrs has been smoking since she was a teenager, and I should say it doesn’t bother me one bit. If you’re a smoker over the years smokes have gotten ridiculously expensive, to the tune of $110/Carton for the American Spirits which she likes because they’re just tobacco and “better for you” 😂😂. Asked her the other day if she’d ever had a roll-your-own smoke and if she’d be open to giving them a try to which she said “sure I would”. Today I headed to the smoke shop and my how things have changed. They now have pre-made sleeves for lack of a better word that have a filter and some new fangled machine that literally stuffs the tobacco into the wrapping. Still working on my technique but these aren’t half bad. Takes about 60 seconds to roll one and here’s the best part. For 200 sleeves, a big ol’ bag of tobacco and the gizmo to stuff them I walked out the door paying $29.00. Holy Cow! I’m going to say I can make 400 (2 cartons) of cigs for about $35-$40….woohoo!!!!!! I love it when I find ways to save big money. This is gonna save us hundreds over the course of a year. Hot damn. 🤗 It’s also a plus that it’s the same “healthy”- “only tobacco” and she really enjoyed the flavor.

1702437985662.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a teen I had a roll your own machine. Worked ok but you had to tamp the cig a few times to pack the tobacco enough to keep them lite.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been Rolling my own for years i buy my tobacco in 5# bags and usually get 15#'s at a time shipped to me with ever how many tubes i think i need and that will last me about 9 mo's. I was giving $1 a pack but since things have went up i havent figured it up lately but im still less than $2 a pack.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was way younger I rolled my own to impress the ladies at the honky tonk. Kind of a renaissance Malboro man. 😎 Smoked Camel regularls for many years after that. Quit smoking when we had to start going outside in the winter to smoke.

So what gun are you going to buy with all the money you save?

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I never cared much for cigarettes other than the occasional non filtered Camels or PallMalls when playing at clubs, but I used to have a gadget for rolling that took regular papers and I would make cigarettes with Carter Hall pipe tobacco.

Smoking those with a pour of whiskey in the evening was one of life's simple pleasures.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Crest the other day at the counter and noticed cigarettes being $100- $130 a carton, got me to remembering when I was a kid my Dad would have me run across the highway to the grocery store and get him a carton of Winstons for $2.00. Same store would let you bring in coupons and cash them in and pay you for them. This was in early '60s in Sedalia MO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom