Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I support it not so much for flat out open carry but for instances when the gun is inadvertently uncovered or prints on your clothes.

this is also why I want the law, and in my opinion, this is the intent of the law.
Although it would be permissible, I just don't see people with pearl handled revolvers in designer holsters walking down the street.
Except for one........JB Books.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dean was my SDA instructor at Heartland, and he voiced his opinion on open carry -- He's against it.

I understand that if you're in 7-11 and someone comes in to rob the place, with a gun on your hip you've just become target #1.

But, the open carrier understands this risk when he made HIS CHOICE to openly carry. I'm 99% sure that 99% of the time I would still carry concealed, but I would like to be able to make my own choice.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although it's everyone's right to say what they will, from a business standpoint I wouldn't have. To each his own though.
The only reason I can think of for me as to open carry is if I wanted to carry a gun that's not suitable for full concealment as opposed to a small gun that I don't feel is adequate if I had to use it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many of us that think that general open carry is a bad idea. If your out hunting or hiking or engaged in some legitimate activity that might lend itself to open carry that should be allowed.
REALLY!! When was the last time you were attacked by an english muffin???

[Broken External Image]

Could this lady be LEO? I've seen this before. Maybe the pic does not show a belt badge on the other side??
:hey3:

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone see this on News9? Apparently the open carry legislation is being brought back due to the presence of a Republican governor. Cleo Land of Heartland Outdoors went on television to state his opposition to legal open carry. I don't have a strong opinion on the issue but it seems like a bad business decision for anyone at a gun dealership to speak out against this.

I'm thinking that is one mans opinion and of course he is entitled to his opinion as we all are. I kinda wish they (Oklahoma law makers) would just fix the cc law that would be more tolerant to the accidental printing or uncovering of your weapon as it seems that is what most people are concerned with (including me) and by default are in favor of the open carry law.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, what next? People stating that I can't eat a burrito in a confined space because I may become a target for fart smelling?

I am already a target, I do not think having a gun or not having a gun on my hip is going to change anything.

How come there are not hundred of police officer murders each year? They are the ultimate target in those dream scenarios.

As a concealed Carry instructor, I am all for not requiring a permit. We do not need to tax firearm owners, when I believe we can get a few more dollars from smokers.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, what next? People stating that I can eat a burrito in a confined space because I may become a target for fart smelling?

I am already a target, I do not think having a gun or not having a gun on my hip is going to change anything.

How come there are not hundred of police officer murders each year? They are the ultimate target in this dream scenarios.

Not arguing for or against open carry, however, there is a big perceived difference between shooting an officer or shooting a regular person on the street. If a criminal shoots a regular person (with or without a gun) on the street, that person is just another victim/case number. Shoot an officer and that's pretty much a guaranteed hellstorm, because you'll pretty much end up becoming enemy #1 for just about every police precinct in the city. Even most criminals are mindful of this and dare not bring the full wrath of the police by shooting an officer if they can help it.

About the only thing worse than shooting an officer is shooting a politician. That will cause your world to come crashing down in fire and hellstorm, quick. You will have just about every Fed agency on your ass.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not arguing for or against open carry, however, there is a big perceived difference between shooting an officer or shooting a regular person on the street. If a criminal shoots a regular person (with or without a gun) on the street, that person is just another case number. Shoot an officer and that's pretty much a guaranteed hellstorm, because you'll pretty much end up becoming enemy #1 for just about every police precinct in the city. Even most criminals are mindful of this dare not bring the full wrath of the police by shooting an officer if they can help it.

About the only thing worse than shooting an officer is shooting a politician. That will cause your world to come crashing down in fire and hellstorm.

So criminals have morals? I thought that were killing everything that is a threat to them?
How will criminals be able to determine if one is a police officer vs an average Joe?

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda wish they (Oklahoma law makers) would just fix the cc law that would be more tolerant to the accidental printing or uncovering of your weapon as it seems that is what most people are concerned with (including me) and by default are in favor of the open carry law.

Exactly...just make where honest attempt to keep concealed is considered concealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom