Medical Marijuana and gun ownership/possession

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope. 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(3) hasn't changed; it's still illegal. I've posted the text and link in a couple of other threads, and I'm not in a place where it'd be easy to look up right now.

Wasn’t implying it had changed. The letter linked in the story is from 2011.
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_7BBF6EDB_2222_4745_A390_DFE687ED06C0_zpsloftijpi.png

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I read In the bill that the holder of a marijuana license would not be denied other state issued licenses such as a concealed carry permit.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justice Dept letter says possession of a card is "reasonable cause to believe that the person is an unlawful user of a controlled substance" and that the dealer may not transfer guns or ammunition to that person.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

No, I quit last week.!

It depends upon on what the meaning of the word "is", is.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least one state has used medical mj to strip gun rights. I think it was IL or HI, could have been CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom