Melee weapons !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this as well, but I'd want a shorter spike that wouldn't get stuck deep down inside the skull. Maybe about half that length.

Agreed. And as long as we're customizing I'd prefer a rounded striking surface, like a ball peen, instead of a flat hammer face. If battling a zombie hoard I don't want much in the way of cutting edges because it might get stuck in flesh and like FireCop said the spike should be just long enough to penetrate the skull & reach the brain - anything more could be a hindrance. A three sided spike like the old trench bayos would be good & it'd need a good blood groove on each face of the spike.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with a short sword --the Romans took over half of the known world with a large shield and short sword, an javelin- you can use it to throw or as a spear/pike, a war club -- you could perry and strike with it and a sword and acorse a big knife .

It wasn't the weapons the Romans conquered half the world with...it was their superior tactics. However, I would use a Katana and either a machete or a short swordish type weapon

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a Fire Axe, one with the spike on the rear of the blade.

Sticking with what I have at home, I would probably go with, my double blade axe, my old grubbing hoe ( if you don't know what that is, long hoe blade, more like a pick axe, with a short cutting blade on back) and my old machete.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have wanted a kukri for awhile now. Saw an older one at Wanenmacher's for $300, so had to pass.

Always been fascinated by WW1 trench weapons. I have about 3 machetes and old bayonets bought back in the 70's. Need to buy a war hammer or sword also. Wife says I have enough..haha!!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have wanted a kukri for awhile now. Saw an older one at Wanenmacher's for $300, so had to pass.

Always been fascinated by WW1 trench weapons. I have about 3 machetes and old bayonets bought back in the 70's. Need to buy a war hammer or sword also. Wife says I have enough..haha!!

Ask her is she has enough shoes or clothes and go from there.

Remember that when you ask this question, she can make more room in the house for her stuff when she throws all your stuff in the front yard.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask her is she has enough shoes or clothes and go from there.

Remember that when you ask this question, she can make more room in the house for her stuff when she throws all your stuff in the front yard.

Believe it or not,she has prolly 10 pairs of shoes and is not a clothes horse. Friend of mines wife has a huge closet w/100+pairs of shoes. So can't complain.

I don't think she would throw out my clothes, been married 32 years...:smash: unless I did something stupid.... like Tiger W. or Bill Cl, then watch out. lmao:spitlaugh

celbii

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can imagine in the zombie apocalypse, everyone with their cheap flea market katana's running around trying to slice off zombies heads only to had the katana break and have the blade fly back and stab themselves lol.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll take Wez against your sticks and trinkets.
media1.break.com_breakstudios_2012_1_30_Wez.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom