Memphis cops charged with murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, good point. Those that claim “unions aren’t for the members” must be forgetting how well police unions work for their folks.

Double-edged sword that.
Yet what has the various police unions said about this… they keep condemning it it, very different than the blue wall of silence one normally sees.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet what has the various police unions said about this… they keep condemning it it, very different than the blue wall of silence one normally sees.
That’s what they say once they’re completely ****ed and can’t say anything else. IF they can do early damage control and quash the really bad stuff, they do.

It’s just how business is done.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I go on duty it never crosses my mind that “ I have qualified immunity, I can do anything I want”, rather I think one wrong move and I lose everything I’ve worked for my whole life. I’m not making any excuses for &$!hole cops, trying to start an argument, or trying to gain sympathy. These guys in Memphis will pay the price for what they did. It’s just hard to explain. As a small town officer (5000 people give or take) it’s mainly driving around patrolling, maybe writing a traffic citation or two, and sometimes just sheer boredom. Then the call comes in and next thing you know you are fighting a tweaker who is younger than you, stronger than you, and has alot less to lose than you.

My point I guess is it’s very hard to go from that fight mentality to having to comfort a child who’s dad just beat up their mom. I think that’s the key, to be able to turn off the “cop” mentality and treat every situation with wisdom and understanding, which many people are unable to do. There is no excuse for these cops beating a man to death, but I can’t imagine being in a gang unit in Memphis. I’m sure they literally deal with killers every day. They let their anger take control and they will pay for it.

At the end of the day I’m just trying to provide for my family and this is the profession I happen to have stumbled into. In the line of duty I’d give my life for any of you, anti or pro. Just a thought. I’m going back to sleep. Jeff.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that gripes me is how people turn tragedy into a profit generating business. This whole “GoFundMe” thing usually burns my biscuits. According to Lawton News 7 the young man’s mother set up a GoFundMe page and has received over $765,000.00 to pay for her and her husband to “take off work and pay for mental services”. 🤬

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that gripes me is how people turn tragedy into a profit generating business. This whole “GoFundMe” thing usually burns my biscuits. According to Lawton News 7 the young man’s mother set up a GoFundMe page and has received over $765,000.00 to pay for her and her husband to “take off work and pay for mental services”. 🤬
If it were my kid, I’d expect a lot more numbers to the left. How much do you think their child was worth?

Latest posts

Top Bottom