Mercy Hospital layoffs/furloughs. Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They closed because of the Covid lies. Hospitols are emplty, complete floors set up for Covid and no one is there. No one is sick. No surgeries are being done. Integris Decones closed down a month ago. As did many all over the country.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That makes sense. Maybe I have been under a rock, but I seem to recall reports that hospitals were overrun with CV19 cases. Was this not enough to pay the bills with the thousands of confirmed cases and hundreds of deaths? Was this not the case at all?
Lies dude, its all a lie.
I said it in the beginning and then changed my stance and now, I'm back to it was a lie. We NEVER lock down the healthy folks. Only ever quarantine the ill.
I know NO ONE who has been touched by covid but I know many who have had the flu

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hold on elective surgeries from gov. Scott's office expired 10 days ago on May 1.
Hospitals should be up to their armpits in elective surgeries by now.

My sister works at NW surgical hospital and she has had her work hours expanded.

Takes awhile to catch up, especially for hospitals that specialize in treating stuff that fell under the ban on elective procedures.

My wife’s hospital is picking back up but they just announced reduction in physicians compensation, furlough of admin folks and a halt to 401k matching until the situation improves.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the misconception, that people think healthcare workers were/are 'safe' during this current downturn, but it's far from true.

We were lucky not to lay anyone off, but it came at significant financial hardship for the company and the owners, and the risk is immense - we're really not going to feel the full impact until Aug, Sept and Oct. That's when it's really going to hurt.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what does this say about our current healthcare system?
The argument for socialized medicine was always that uninsured people were driving up the cost of healthcare. How many people - without medical insurance - were getting elective procedures and surgeries? Weren't uninsured people mainly using the ER as their healthcare?
The Emergency Room/Departments are still open and visits are down; how big of a source of revenue is/was these ER's compared to the rest of a typical hospital?

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the misconception, that people think healthcare workers were/are 'safe' during this current downturn, but it's far from true.

We were lucky not to lay anyone off, but it came at significant financial hardship for the company and the owners, and the risk is immense - we're really not going to feel the full impact until Aug, Sept and Oct. That's when it's really going to hurt.

This is some real truth.. Thanks TR Doc!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said it in the beginning and then changed my stance and now, I'm back to it was a lie. We NEVER lock down the healthy folks. Only ever quarantine the ill.
I know NO ONE who has been touched by covid but I know many who have had the flu
I know 4 with the Covid. Two died within 14 days of each other. Husband and wife both gone. Their daughter got it and rode it out at home. Husband, my friend currently has it and is not doing well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Why the full impact later this year? I thought the economy would be picking up and folks getting back to work.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest problem is that we don’t know who’s ill and who isn’t and we never will at this rate.
Let us know the next time you change your mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom