Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

• Total voters

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never stopped saying Merry Christmas. I don't associate it with religion but Santa Clause and gifts, that's all. People that make a big deal about it are ignorant. That's all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year OSA folks, Im out....:bolt:

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say nothing at all on reference to this time of the year. Although I am an Atheist, I don't care what others want to believe or celebrate. That is up to them. I certainly am not rude to them or even make mention of my beliefs.

BUT I'll tell ya! I do hate having to live around all the BS involved, and watching gas prices skyrocket thanks to it. More than anything though I hate listening to people spew this merry christmas crap while trampling each other for a toy, or beating one another up for a parking place at the mall. All the while trying to be sure they get all the commercially available religious celebration they can for the nest full of greedy brats waiting at the base of the tree.

All this BS in the name of celebrating their god who is supposed to teach the exact opposite of their actions... Oh then add in those wicked wicked credit card companies that they are crying about the whole time they melt their cards down swiping like mad. We better give them a bigger tax return so they can afford to get Timmy shoes for school, and a pry bar to get the game controller out of his hands.

Yeash, It's all just such a load anymore. If you are celebrating for the right reasons, more power to you. If your just getting together to exchange some holiday greed, stick with happy holidays(that is if you get what you want).

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
afinallyentertainment.files.wordpress.com_2009_12_christmas_babes.jpg

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm agnostic, but my wife and kids are Christians-Methodists and the family I grew up in are a bunch of Catholics. I'm cool with saying or having said to me 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Holidays','Happy Hannukah','Kiss the Buddha belly',whattheheckever. "Just gimme my presents...".

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, for all intents and purposes Christmas in the US is a secular spending binge. It has nothing to do with Jesus, except that it's one of the two times that Christmas'n'Easter Christians go to church.

I'm not super familiar with the Gospels but something tells me that Jesus would prefer that we donate our disposable income to charity instead of using his birthday to justify buying ourselves a new M&P*. Except Christmas isn't really his birthday so much as it's the result of early Christians co-opting a couple of different pagan equinox celebrations.

*I think I'm using his birthday to justify buying a new M&P

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, for all intents and purposes Christmas in the US is a secular spending binge. It has nothing to do with Jesus, except that it's one of the two times that Christmas'n'Easter Christians go to church.

I'm not super familiar with the Gospels but something tells me that Jesus would prefer that we donate our disposable income to charity instead of using his birthday to justify buying ourselves a new M&P*. Except Christmas isn't really his birthday so much as it's the result of early Christians co-opting a couple of different pagan equinox celebrations.

*I think I'm using his birthday to justify buying a new M&P

And the only reason they do that is to eat good food :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom