Met a great OSA member yesterday…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me start this story by saying that I joined OSA last February. I posted a thread seeking advice on the restoration of my dad’s 1903 Springfield. Several members responded to my thread, but one member, CoolHandLuke, went above and beyond, offering advice, knowledge, assistance in locating stocks and other parts, and even offering to assist in the work. With Luke’s help, I was able to complete the project. BUT, it’s an early rifle, and should not be fired. I found a sporterized 03-A3 at a local pawn shop and asked Luke what he thought about it. The next day, Luke went to the pawn shop and looked at the gun, and then reported back to me. I bought the gun, and once again Luke went above and beyond assisting me in locating a BEAUTIFUL stock and everything else I needed to restore the 03-A3. I really wanted Luke to see the rifles he helped me restore, but it never worked out.

Jump forward to Friday, 9/26. Henry had just received his CMP M1 Garand, and we were going to shoot it on the range after the store closed. I brought my 03-A3 so we could shoot it also. The next morning Henry was going to a gun show /breakfast at a local church and asked for my input on what to take. Of course the Garand was going and I suggested he take my 03-A3 and my 1903 Springfield (among others). Henry asked me to come help him get set up and have breakfast. How could I refuse??? I brought the 1903 Springfield from home to display. I left the show early to get the store opened, and Henry packed up and brought all the guns back to the store.

This is where the story gets interesting. Luke learned through some recent threads that I am the Range Official at Henry’s Guns, and decided to come out and shoot yesterday (Saturday). I was thrilled to finally meet him! He is as awesome in person as he is on the forum! OK, after all this back story…here’s the really interesting part… Yesterday is the ONLY time I have had either of those rifles at the store, and I had BOTH of them there! So after showing them to Luke, I told him that he was shooting the 03-A3, and brought it and the partial box of 30-06 from the previous night.
All in all, it was an awesome day, topped off by meeting an awesome OSA member under awesome circumstances!

Thanks again, Lucas, for all your help in bringing those two rifles back to life!!!!

Steve

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool story, wished we had got the opportunity to see them, my son in law, grandson and I were in yesterday morning. He bought a G19 from you. Good people helping each other, we need more of that every day! Dang, sure wished we had got to see your two rifles, I seen Henry carrying them in, but they were in cases. Nice meeting you too!

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool story, wished we had got the opportunity to see them, my son in law, grandson and I were in yesterday morning. He bought a G19 from you. Good people helping each other, we need more of that every day! Dang, sure wished we had got to see your two rifles, I seen Henry carrying them in, but they were in cases. Nice meeting you too!

Wow! I wish I could have made the OSA connection! I guess Fyrtwuk (sp?) was in yesterday too. Didn't get to meet him (or make the OSA connection if I did). I NEED AN OSA HAT OR SUMPIN! ;)

Yeah, I would have been thrilled to show them to you if we had only known! If you can give me a day's notice, I'll be happy to bring them to the store the next time you're in!

Steve

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I wish I could have made the OSA connection! I guess Fyrtwuk (sp?) was in yesterday too. Didn't get to meet him (or make the OSA connection if I did). I NEED AN OSA HAT OR SUMPIN! ;)

Yeah, I would have been thrilled to show them to you if we had only known! If you can give me a day's notice, I'll be happy to bring them to the store the next time you're in!

Steve

We DO ... a lot of us "old guys" have OSA hats ... I need to remember to wear mine when we go to the range, but it's not like I'm hard to pick out of the crowd ... :P I'm the one running around getting hugs from everybody! :naughty:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cool story. The more OSA guys n gals I meet the more I'm convinced the world isn't as bad as we make it sound. Lots a good ppl here for sure.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We DO ... a lot of us "old guys" have OSA hats ... I need to remember to wear mine when we go to the range, but it's not like I'm hard to pick out of the crowd ... :P I'm the one running around getting hugs from everybody! :naughty:

Yea I was just scared about walking up to women saying "Hey are you Badgebunny?" haha

Cool story. The more OSA guys n gals I meet the more I'm convinced the world isn't as bad as we make it sound. Lots a good ppl here for sure.

and if it is we have each others backs hahaha

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But... I AM old!!! I guess just not in the sense that you were referring to!!!

Oh, and you I would recognize with or without an OSA hat!!

Steve

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Steve. It was great finally getting to meet you and I couldn't have been happier to see your finished work first hand.

You'll probably have to endure seeing me more in the future...the range is a great place to do some plinking and I really enjoyed my first visit. Henry is a very lucky man to have you there helping him out. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom