Michigan: During an oil change on a Jeep, the mechanic is killed and the Jeep’s owner is sued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch the video. It may be an artifact of Michigan’s insurance laws, not a frivolous lawsuit.
Nope, still frivolous. Owner did not turn the vehicle over to unqualified employee. Service has been done and unqualified employee is performing assigned duty.
The lawsuit should be challenging the protectionist policy of the dealership, the main entity at fault.
Secondly, the person who was killed is working with and unqualified person. Incident is his fault.
Finally, the kid KNEW he was not qualified and proceeded.
Owner is fault free and should counter-sue the lawyer, the dealership, the tech and the kid.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, still frivolous. Owner did not turn the vehicle over to unqualified employee. Service has been done and unqualified employee is performing assigned duty.
The lawsuit should be challenging the protectionist policy of the dealership, the main entity at fault.
Secondly, the person who was killed is working with and unqualified person. Incident is his fault.
Finally, the kid KNEW he was not qualified and proceeded.
Owner is fault free and should counter-sue the lawyer, the dealership, the tech and the kid.
Just because it’s frivolous in most states didn’t mean that it’s frivolous in Michigan. The lawyers have to work within the legal framework that exists in the jurisdiction. They don’t get to make up the rules to suit themselves.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A statute written by lawyers, for lawyers, supported by lawyers and passed by lawyers politicians.

Just because it is on the books, doesn't make it right.

People had better wake up, not get woke, before all is lost.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should not have to endure the STRESS, WASTED TIME or EXPENSE of fighting it.

This is a classic case of why lawyers should be held responsible for frivolous suits.

Bring a stupid suit to trial and lose, court costs, defendant legal fees, lost time and stress are at your expense.

Judge throws it out and assesses cost and fine, on the spot, payable immediately.

I agree completely, but I will say with regards to commercial insurance, this is quite common. I deal with it on a daily basis, not with fatalities mind you, but similar circumstances concerning vicarious liability.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Following the precedent set forth by the dealership; I will write my personal rules of life, to include I cannot be sued because of my incompetence, stupidity, or lack of morals. It is the fault of those choosing to cross my path.

Latest posts

Top Bottom