Mid length Free float

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I put a Mid length Free float tube on a Carbine Length by putting a low profile gas block. Just a question I've been thinking about.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on your free-float hand-guards' clearance and the size of the gas-block you plan on using. I had some clearance problems with the side-ways clamp-style screws in my VLTOR Gas block when putting a smaller free-float (DD Lite) on, so I had to switch out the screws for some I found at Ace Hardware (I actually got the idea from one of 264Magnum's posts about how he had just replaced some of the screws in his DD rail for a different reason).

Here's a set of Extended (10") rails over a mid-length system - should look similar to mid-rails over a carbine system (I went with this particular gas-block partly because the VLTOR logo is cool-looking and is on the front of the gas-block - and with this setup, it sticks ever-so-slightly out the front of the handguards):

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on your free-float hand-guards' clearance and the size of the gas-block you plan on using. I had some clearance problems with the side-ways clamp-style screws in my VLTOR Gas block when putting a smaller free-float (DD Lite) on, so I had to switch out the screws for some I found at Ace Hardware (I actually got the idea from one of 264Magnum's posts about how he had just replaced some of the screws in his DD rail for a different reason).

Here's a set of Extended (10") rails over a mid-length system - should look similar to mid-rails over a carbine system (I went with this particular gas-block partly because the VLTOR logo is cool-looking and is on the front of the gas-block - and with this setup, it sticks ever-so-slightly out the front of the handguards):

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

What forend is that

Latest posts

Top Bottom