Midtown/uptown lunch suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Have an eye appointment at 1:30 and want to do lunch with the Mrs before. We usually do Chick ‘n’ Beer or Cheevers or Revelution’ but want to do something new. What say ye?

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McNellies is the pub restaruant at the corner space of Midtown Plaza. Not bad. They used to have a pretty good Shepard's pie.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember if they're open that early, but the Drake is one of my favorite restaurants in the city.

Again with the hours, I know the couple who owns the Scratch Kitchen in the Paseo, and that place is pretty great too. went to school with the guy, his brother, and half the kitchen staff, have known them since I was 15ish. I had some smoked pork belly burnt ends there with a watermelon rind pickle, and it has changed my life. I can't stop thinking about it, lol. But their food and drink is all good, and they try to purchase everything locally from small farms and such.

If ya'll want a more fast food approach, I really like Mo Betta's. Its real good and its cheap for the portions you get too.

Mid town I am a fan of Tamashii Ramen, Fassler Hall, and Guyutes.

If you go a tiny bit northwest of there and find yourself in the Asian district, Lee's sandwiches is really good, Szechuan Story is a a favorite, as is Lido Restaurant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom