Midtown/uptown lunch suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It was good. I got the cottage pie which is like shepards pie. I wish it would have been bigger but it was really good. The Mrs got the grilled jalapeño burger. It was really tasty.
I checked them out online. It's one of the few places in that area that I think I would enjoy.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember if they're open that early, but the Drake is one of my favorite restaurants in the city.

Again with the hours, I know the couple who owns the Scratch Kitchen in the Paseo, and that place is pretty great too. went to school with the guy, his brother, and half the kitchen staff, have known them since I was 15ish. I had some smoked pork belly burnt ends there with a watermelon rind pickle, and it has changed my life. I can't stop thinking about it, lol. But their food and drink is all good, and they try to purchase everything locally from small farms and such.

If ya'll want a more fast food approach, I really like Mo Betta's. Its real good and its cheap for the portions you get too.

Mid town I am a fan of Tamashii Ramen, Fassler Hall, and Guyutes.

If you go a tiny bit northwest of there and find yourself in the Asian district, Lee's sandwiches is really good, Szechuan Story is a a favorite, as is Lido Restaurant.
I think Lido is now closed unfortunately. The wife and I liked to go there once upon a time.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pizzeria Gusto is my favorite.
As someone who eats in the area about 4 times a week, many of the places are overpriced and mediocre quality. You pay a lot for atmosphere sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom