Might I pick the brain of our gas and oil people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you are belligerent and refuse to "negotiate" they can sue and the court will appoint appraisers over your interests. as long as you are negotiating and in good faith this can't happen. but you can "negotiate" for the terms of the agreement. and in a seismic deal the money will be minimal anyway so hold them to a strict agreement. believe me that they know exactly the bare minimum that they can expose your property to and can and will accept limits to those terms. they can and will use your uninformed neighbors property to indefinitely park machinery etc etc on until it no longer suites them. for a leverage i have given free access for more restrictive terms and always came out ahead in the long run.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the part where the mineral rights should have never been able to be severed from the surface!

Problem solved!
I do tend to agree.
...I guess there would not be any landowners outside the Osage Indian Tribe in Osage County if that were the case though.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do tend to agree.
...I guess there would not be any landowners outside the Osage Indian Tribe in Osage County if that were the case though.
I don’t know anything about mineral rights as I don’t own a bunch of land. So let’s say my family has 100 acres and it’s been in my family since the land run. How does somebody else own the mineral rights and not us?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about mineral rights as I don’t own a bunch of land. So let’s say my family has 100 acres and it’s been in my family since the land run. How does somebody else own the mineral rights and not us?
Your great grandfather may have needed money and sold them. The US/state/tribe may have reserved the minerals from the original grant (patent).

Latest posts

Top Bottom