Mika Pocket Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally received my Mika pocket holster for my J frame. I like it better than the De Santis I was using because it sits deeper in the pocket. However it took 17 weeks to get here. Not bad for around $20. Anybody else using these?

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a bit bulkier than the Uncle Mikes.
Mouth is larger for better reholstering. Draw is smoother and releases from holster well
Gun rides deep in the holster and makes grabbing the grip a bit harder than the Mike's.
Mouth has some type of reinforcing plastic in the hammer area that keeps the holster open.

Worth the wait? For the cost it was ok. If it had cost $50 I'd say get the UM.

It was handmade in the USA vs Uncle Mikes which come out of Vietnam now.

Mika even signed it, " Made by R Mika for Rolando".

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a bit bulkier than the Uncle Mikes.
Mouth is larger for better reholstering. Draw is smoother and releases from holster well
Gun rides deep in the holster and makes grabbing the grip a bit harder than the Mike's.
Mouth has some type of reinforcing plastic in the hammer area that keeps the holster open.

Worth the wait? For the cost it was ok. If it had cost $50 I'd say get the UM.

This. I have both and totally concur. I do like the Mika for carry in the inside pocket of my leather jacket in the winter. The Mika stays put while the UM comes with the gun when drawing. For most other scenarios it's a little big and I prefer the Uncle Mikes. It's not cheaply made, it's just simply made and it works as advertised. But for the bulkiness, you may as well go with a JIT Slide of something.

I had one for a day or so. It was just too big and bulky for me. :disappoin

I sold it to somebody here...I think? :scratch:

Ahem... That would be me....:D

kcollins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just happened to get a pocket holster from him this week.
I am really liking it.
Not much to look at but it is the right shape for my pocket and is very easy to draw from.

I wear work pants with big pockets so I can see wear others might have trouble.

I had an uncle mikes before and it is not bad just not the right shape and was a bit difficult to draw from because of its light weight and lack of any mouth reinforcement.

I imagine it is just like all other holsters.
You have to make an educated and then just try them.
An expensive proposition if you don't get it right the first couple of times.

On a side note:
Apparently he is making the holsters in a variety of colors now.
I ordered on Saturday night. He called me Sunday morning and let me know he had some on hand in a variety of colors other than black.
Told him grey would be fine and it was at my door on Wednesday.
Can't beat that with a stick.

So if you want one. You might get in touch with him and see if he has anything on hand that would fit your gun.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most know me as a self admitted holster snob. I find it ironic that with all of the $200 holsters out there that a $20 holster made out of vinyl with a 17 week wait gets some of the best reviews of any of the pockets holsters.

Just goes to prove that the most expensive holsters aren't necessarily the best. Just find the one you like.

Someday I will post my thoughts on a 6 month wait for a Milt Sparks ;)

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom