Mike Rowe's Senate Testimony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that alot of college kids I meet lack a very important step to the intelligence thing, its called common sense. the funny thing about common sense, it can't really be taught, you get it from screwing up things and learning from your mistakes. When you dont try to get out and do things with your hands and screw things up, you dont get a chance to learn. Like mike said most of the youth doesn't want to work, the problem is the America we love was built by people that were not afraid to work...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our society has put a stigma on the whole "degree/no degree" thing. Too many degreed individuals look down on the "uneducated", in a form of false elitism. There are many jobs that honestly require a college degree; there are many, many more that don't, yet some employers demand one anyway. Too many kids with the natural skills and mindset for many occupations never pursue them because we have been programmed to believe that you must have a college degree to truly be a "success" in our society, and go the college route rather than a vocational one. Sure makes the universities, banks, and other financial aid guys smile.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our society has put a stigma on the whole "degree/no degree" thing. Too many degreed individuals look down on the "uneducated", in a form of false elitism. There are many jobs that honestly require a college degree; there are many, many more that don't, yet some employers demand one anyway. Too many kids with the natural skills and mindset for many occupations never pursue them because we have been programmed to believe that you must have a college degree to truly be a "success" in our society, and go the college route rather than a vocational one. Sure makes the universities, banks, and other financial aid guys smile.

That's why I let my lack of degree in anything be the last thing that's brought up. If someone requires it or places a heavy weight on it in order to validate access to my knowledge and expertise, they likely wouldn't have been good to do business with. Especially in the information age, it shows an extreme level of short-sightedness.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was afraid this was going to be a post about a well known person who did or said something stupid and I was no longer going to like the guy but I agree with what he said!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree. the land of opportunity is full of many hypocrisies.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I let my lack of degree in anything be the last thing that's brought up. If someone requires it or places a heavy weight on it in order to validate access to my knowledge and expertise, they likely wouldn't have been good to do business with. Especially in the information age, it shows an extreme level of short-sightedness.

I'm sure you realize that a degree is a product. If it could be sold on QVC and make them as much money, they would.

Latest posts

Top Bottom