Millirad or MOA scopes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot mil. Personally I don’t think it matters, it’s whatever you’re comfortable with. The guys I shoot with have mil reticles in their spotting scopes/rifle scopes so it aids in adjusting for wind correction.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think either are good, it just depends on what you prefer. I've always gone with MOA, probably because that's what I first learned dope with, so it's always seemed easier to process. FFP MOA

Last edited:

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not going to lie, the thread topic spelling had me off for a moment...

...Better stick with MOA :D.

Personally I'm a mil/mil guy, but I've survived with a few MOA optics, and even some mil/MOA Leupold Mark 4s from back in the day. Mils was easy for me as thats what we used in the Marines.

Either works well. Get what you're comfortable with and stick with it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not going to lie, the thread topic spelling had me off for a moment...

...Better stick with MOA :D.

Personally I'm a mil/mil guy, but I've survived with a few MOA optics, and even some mil/MOA Leupold Mark 4s from back in the day. Mils was easy for me as thats what we used in the Marines.

Either works well. Get what you're comfortable with and stick with it.
Good advice.
I've never used a mil. scope so not familiar with the operation. I'd love to learn it though as an opportunity to get more overall knowledge in firearms.
Buddy that is into how much it costs to make it superior bought a $4000 Schmitt and Bender scope for his .338 Lapua in mils. He can't figure out how to sight it in so far and won't accept advice. Braggs on the price though.
He hasn't taken a shot with it further than 100 yards until taking him to New Mexico for an elk hunt. 4 elk at a little over 400 yards. He dumped the 5 round mag without a hit. Owner FU. 30-06 with a decent scope dropped mine in one shot.
Peep sights in the military and MOA with drop/wind committed to memory before heading into the field for me.

Last edited:

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Not going to lie, the thread topic spelling had me off for a moment..."
Thanks, I corrected it. I just typed it in and never bothered to look at the spelling....my bad.

Anyway, I went with Milliradian. My amazing wife bought me a Nightforce NX8 4-32X50 for Christmas. Just waiting on it to arrive now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom