Misspelled Word

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always misspell tomarrow. I am generally very good at spelling and don't have to use auto correct very often. I have a brain block for that one certain word. I have for years, or as long as I can remember. I know it's stupid. Anyone else have a word? Tomarow Tomorrow

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always misspell tomarrow. I am generally very good at spelling and don't have to use auto correct very often. I have a brain block for that one certain word. I have for years, or as long as I can remember. I know it's stupid. Anyone else have a word? Tomarow Tomorrow
I have a list too long to list.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been lucky that I am a good speller. When I was younger, every morning before school, I would pick up a dictionary (the kind with paper pages) thumb through it, close my eyes, and point to a random word and use that word in a sentence and conversation throughout the day. It really broadened my vocabulary and helped my spelling.

When my kids were younger, they would be doing their homework, and they would ask me how to spell a word or what a word means, I would tell them...

Look it up.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been lucky that I am a good speller. When I was younger, every morning before school, I would pick up a dictionary (the kind with paper pages) thumb through it, close my eyes, and point to a random word and use that word in a sentence and conversation throughout the day. It really broadened my vocabulary and helped my spelling.

When my kids were younger, they would be doing their homework, and they would ask me how to spell a word or what a word means, I would tell them...

Look it up.
I was/am the kid that couldn’t look it up. That required knowing how to spell it.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish it was only one word. My father’s work transferred him to Oregon in 1972 when I was 4 so my first two years in school were spent there. At the time they were experimenting with a “new” way to teach children to read called ITA which used a phonetic alphabet instead of the ones ya’ll were taught. It really was something, I could literally read anything by the end of 1st grade but there was a problem…….we moved to another state and I never got to finish the program. Consequently, because they wired my brain differently I spell everything phonetically which can be really embarrassing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kiddo, I did a lot of reading, so I was exposed to a lot of words. That seemed to help me in spelling bees. The wife went through school when they were teaching phonics for spelling and still has difficulty, even though she is now an avid reader. For years, especially while we were working together at the OSBI, she would call me up and ask for the spelling of a word.

That from a woman in IT that dang sure knew how to use a computer to pull up a dictionary. However, that didn't help much when phonics didn't even sometimes give the proper first few letters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom