Modern liquor laws may be coming to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Costco isn't waiting on any changes in the liquor laws and are in fact currently under construction on a store in Tulsa (about 106th & Memorial) with an attached liquor store with a separate entrance from the main store. This allows them to comply with current law that they can't sell alcoholic beverages inside their main store, but they can still have liquor sales on the premises.

Whatever it takes to get around OK's current BS liquor laws :clap3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a bottle of this yesterday. Damn good stuff. Will drink again. It'd be even nicer if you could pick it up cold instead of waiting for it to chill at home.

Bought some chilled in Arkansas last week in cans vs the bottles that are in our liquor stores. Still danged tasty. I'm thinking of making some "root beer" floats with a kick. :D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Color me shocked, not...

With the advent of both Costco and Trader Joes in OK, the only way they would be here is if the laws were changing.

They subsidize their bottom lines a bunch from alcohol sales. In fact, I've heard it said Costco is the largest retailer of booze in the nation....

Welcome to Oklahoma!!

Sorry, totally untrue. Lots of Costco in KS, and they can't sell liquor there - I know, I tried just a few weeks ago. They told me I'd have to go across to the Missouri side to be able to. Which really disappointed me, as I've read lots of rumors that their house brand Scotch (Kirkland?) is actually made by Macallan. I'd love to give it a try. :D

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine this weekend...

IMG_4100.JPG

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are the nations 4th largest retailer. While the laws as they exist do preclude liquor sales in some locations; you can bet they are in the mix to get them updated re: WA state.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great thing and will enhance competition and sales revenue for the states.

If WA is any example, we get cheap booze the state gets more revenue, win win.....well WA made sure it took a negative turn at fist by adding an additional 37% tax to pad the bottom line for a couple of years.

But as that phases out, it appears once again that the free market will prevail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom