Modern liquor laws may be coming to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only liquor store owner I know has wanted to sell cold stuff for years. He was even looking at buying the next slit down in the strip mall so he could open a convenience store.

Of course, they're not talking about doing anything about that idiotic "you can't even sell 3.2 pisswasser between 2am and 6am because Joe the Plumber might want to get himself a beer on his way home after a hard night of cleaning out your crapper line and we just can't have that" law they passed a few years ago. I don't even like beer and I want that repealed just on the basis of it being a stupid law...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The liquor store owners will get this insurrection shut down just like they have in the past.

Seems like most around here are for it
Lets them sell other things in theyre stores, tasting clubs, ready to go Big Beers..(growlers?)

I dont think so.

The Retail Liquor Association of Oklahoma has announced it finally supports the modernization of Oklahoma’s dated and antiquated liquor laws

Holy Crap! Maybe they will be like the Arkansas and Missouri liquor stores, and stay open on Sunday. Maybe they will correct the price thing?
A liter of Windsor Canadian costs $19.22 to $22.00 in Oklahoma, and costs $12.09 in Missouri.

When I asked my local liquor store owner abut the disparancy in prices, she gave me the blank look and said Oklahoma dictated the prices and they had no control.

When I said I can go to B&B in Tulsa, and Bryons in OKC and buy the same product for $14 something, I got the blank stare again.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me it does not matter about Sundays or holidays. I really dont care if they keep the liquor store model. I just want to be able to buy cold high point beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom