Modern Marvels.... Things made in the U.S.A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look real close at the newer pairs. They are not all made in the USA anymore. I went to buy a pair just because they were made here and was really pissed off when I saw made in China!

Actually even their US made shoes should read “mostly made in USA” because anything that contains more than 70% US built components they are calling made in USA.

It is still better than the rest I guess.

Here it is straight from them:

http://www.newbalance.com/company/committed-to-american-workers/

They are the last mainstream shoemaker that makes shoes in the US. As long as they still make at least 1 style of shoe in the US, I will continue to choose their products over any other athletic shoe maker.

[email protected]

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thursday night at the Goodyear Lawton tire plant we cured over 35,300 american made tires in 12hrs. That's a new global record BTW.

ok US make tires...

it's hard to tell like another post in here about the NB being mostly uncle sam... whatever.. parts, material

i'd wonder about lawton's goodyear tires, not quality... but if someone dug into into it, is it all american material?

BTW did goodyear expand it's operation in lawton?

i left about 8 years ago

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course some of the materials going into tires isn't from the US seeing as how there are no natural rubber plantations on US soil. They have never stopped expanding the Goodyear Lawton plant.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Food is among the top US exports. We are very good at production agriculture. We are producing more grain on the same or less number of acres than 30 years ago and more pounds of beef with US herd levels at 60 year lows. It's really pretty amazing how efficient agriculture is in this country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom