mohawk shotguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was out looking at shotguns an ran across a shotgun with a mokawk stamp on it, and i had never heard of them. i thought you folks would know.
thanks for your help
hogshooter ( roger barbee)

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years Remington has marketed plain-jane versions of their guns under the Mohawk trademark. Same quality, usually plainer metal finish and wood. Kind of like the 870 Express vs 870 Wingmaster shotguns.

I bought a new 20 gauge Remington Mohawk shotgun in 1974 that was great - very plain straight-grained walnut stock & forearm with no checkering. It was the same as the 11-48 recoil-operated shotgun that preceded the gas-operated 1100; they may have made the run of Mohawks to use up leftover parts. Sold mine for what I paid for it in 1977 after I got a new 1100 LW lightweight 20 gauge - big mistake! The 1100 LW was a pain in the bootie and caused me join the 870 camp.

Remington also branded their cheap .22 shells as Mohawk back in the 70's.

Cedar Creek

hogshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the info cder creek .
the gun i found was a 20 ga pump all black stock and forarm an the guy wanted 140 bucks for it probably should have bought it then?!!i also found a browning sweet 16 in not so great shap and someone had cut the barrel off he wanted 350 for that one reckon there are any 16 g browning barrals out there for sale?

Foggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was offered 3 A5's the other day. 2 Sweets and an original Belgium 12 guage (front safety) $900 for all three. The 12 was decient. The Sweets had chokes - 1 a Poly and the other a Lyman. I passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom